Predator air integration?

Wireless air integrated Predator.

• I'd give my ____ for an AI predator

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No way, AI is over rated.

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I thought about it but I'd rather others see, even as futile as it is, the same here it is again brace your selfs closed minded news and failure to reason and listen to others and hear what they are actually saying.

Please enlighten me with fact, not hearsay how often the evil AI fails and please provide comparison to how many SPG failures. I'll bet averaging, over the years, more SPGs have caused shortened dives. Either way, if either one fails you're going to do the right thing and abort the dive.

Actually if you took the time to read this board as you claim you do, you would know there are lots of issues with Hoseless AI computers. Many include sync issues that do not happen to the current Predator. In fact, one was posted about a Mares one today. Your arguments are non-existent and you refuse to open YOUR mind to really hear what you are being told. Little points like multiple gases etc..

My closed minded reference is the fact that it gets shunned like a whore in church, but it' always the same ol unfounded arguments about it failing save some circumstances, that everyone just keeps latching onto and won't/cant see anything but what they've been holding onto.

Um, I have seen other arguments made in this thread. I have made some myself. I asked you a question.

Is there a reason you are ignoring the other points people make and keep coming back to this one?

Rational arguments are just not going to work here as the OP, despite the best of intentions, has no real experience against which he can test his hypothesis that AI is better, or to realize the significant downsides and lack of an upside in technical diving.

This thread kinda reminds me of this...

Hitler isn't AOW - YouTube

---------- Post Merged at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:13 PM ----------

If I go to MacDonalds for a nice rib-eye and they choose not to make me one, am I being closed minded? Are they? No, they don't serve that need folks have. I also don't go to Mortons for their excellent french fries. If you bang your fist on the counter of said MacDonalds demanding a rib-eye, they will come for you. Other patrons will tell you that MacDonalds doesn't serve rib-eyes. Will you call them closed minded too? You are, after all in a restaurant, and you are hungry, and you have enough to afford a rib-eye. Shouldn't they make you a rib-eye? They are in the business of feeding folks, and you are damned hungry. Now, you can request (as you have done here) that MacDonalds put rib-eyes on the menu, but if you only find 2 other folks (out of 19 respondents) that also want a rib-eye from MacDonalds, they probably aren't going to get too excited about ordering 2 1/2 million rib-eyes and develop the cooking process for making steaks.

YMMV
Frank you make some great points.

When I work with agency directors on strategic planning, I end up having to discuss "bad strategy" - the all too common BS of developing wonderful fluffy sounding vision and mission statements and a laundry list of things as people would like them to be, with no real identification of the real issues and challenges. The result is not a strategic plan and while it sounds good and seeks to make all the stakeholders happy it leads to the accomplishment of absolutely nothing.

I own a shearwater and I take trips off your boat because you and Shearwater know your market and meet the needs and challenges of that market well.

The OP just wants the Predator to be all things to all people, without realizing that if Shearwater tries to do that, it might do everything, but it will do none of it well.

you had to go there, huh, you weird vintage diver? you had to be the one to call in hitler...

you had to go there, huh, you weird vintage diver? you had to be the one to call in hitler...
Well...I'm trapped in the "bunker" for four more hours, so I have to do something to maintain my sanity.

And you have to give me credit - I've never even suggested the OP has put his (air integrated) Galileo into deco.

I guess I should have realized the majority opinion on this board and their aversion to technology and and the lack of an open mind to anything other than what is written in a book. (read sarcasm mixed with truth)

Am I saying that AI (technology in general) is reason to not follow the rules? Is it an excuse to not know the charts and actually understand them? Is it a reason to not use your number one computer (your brain and training) and rely on primarily? Is it a reason to be utterly lost and not know what to do if your wireless pressure gauge fails?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Should you have a SPG ('s)? AND know how to use it? Personally, I think it's a good idea but, as we all know it's up to the end user.

Can your beloved mechanical piece of equipment, brass and glass SPG, regs ect.. fail? You better believe it. And if you don't think they will, well...

Adding something like AI to your computer shouldn't be looked at as adding complexity or "another failure point". It should be viewed as a backup or another level to your safety. Will there be people that rely on it solely? You bet there will be, and that is 100% their descision, not yours! Should that be the reason companies shouldn't make the product? Absolutely not. As a matter of fact computers in general, if you follow your own theories, shouldn't be used. Why? Well one more piece to fail right? What's wrong with a SPG, depth and simple bottom timer? According to the portrayed theories, that's all that is needed. Infact I can't believe most of you even use a dive computer. (read more sarcasm mixed with truth)

And really, a company's descision to add to the technology of their already technologically advanced (IMO) lineup of products is grounds to question your faith in that company and their products? I'm sorry to be the one to say it but grow up. The better question is why wouldn't a company grow with technology? It's obvious that in every other way they already have by looking at their products that have created such the faith and following and lust, by use of technology that many others aren't.

Where would our civilization be today if everyone agreed with the it ain't broke don't fix it type of thinking. Again, by that reasoning as it relates here, most of you should be taking your dive computers out and smashing them. (complexity and failure points)

I apologize for coming off like I hate you all, or you're stupid or what ever you may think of me now. but I'm sick of the closed minded, fear mongering, superior attitudes. I admit I'm not a frequent visitor of this particular board and when I do visit I'm usually just a lurker soaking in information. Give me neg rep points, lock the thread, delete the thread, ban me, whatever. Frankly I don't really care. I have found many, many people on this board that are awesome people. And again there are som many knowledgeable folks here as well it really makes it a great place for information. And the banter and ribbing keep it light and enjoyable for the most part. But I'm sick and tired of the same ol fear inducing negativity and demeaning superiority that is so frequent. Stuff fails!! It is inevitable!! A few people have a problem with something not working and it becomes an outright epidemic!!

Shearwater- I am terribly sorry for bringing this thread to your forum. Love the products and innovation and hope that someday you might consider bringing AI into your line up despite what some may want.

So much here points out just how much you're missing. But I just worked a 16 hour day, spent two hours packing my rebreather for a dive tomorrow, need to get laid, need to eat dinner, need to fill out some more paperwork for a client tomorrow, and just don't have the energy to show you where and why you are not catching on. (See mods? I'm being nicer. I was considering call him "clueless", but I used "not catching on.")

There's lots of AI out there. Buy them if you want them. I'd be surprised and disappointed if the predator ever becomes AI.

Back
Top Bottom