Preferred deco bottle reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

repurpose my DR XT regs to be deco bottle regs.

I missed this piece of information, I didn't know that you had spare DR XT regs. If they are appropriately serviced and are working fine, I think that they would be great Deco Bottle regs. especially that they have a rotating turret for the LP hoses.

With the awareness of that is an years old thread, i am in between MK21/C370 vs MK2Evo/R195 for deco regulators. Can anyone make point which one would make more sense? Prices are almost same so difference on purchase price can be ignored.

With the awareness of that is an years old thread, i am in between MK21/C370 vs MK2Evo/R195 for deco regulators. Can anyone make point which one would make more sense? Prices are almost same so difference on purchase price can be ignored.

Can both be O2 cleaned? If yes and they have the specs to work in your environment (cold temperature if required), I'd go with the MK21/C370 without a second thought especially if they are at the same price.

MK21 is the worst of both worlds IMHO. It has a dynamic oring exposed to high pressure and does not have a swivel. Not enviro sealed either.
But c370 is better than r195 as its balanced. I would find an mk2/some balanced 2nd stage used and have it serviced. Like mk2/g250v/g260 or even c370

Good morning, I have a MK2/195 or 295 reg that was my deco reg (purchased in 2007). Friends of mine have said it was fine but for some reason, this reg and I do not agree. FWIW, I now use a DiveRite reg for deco which I like. I'll be glad to sell it to you if you want to go this route. If interested, I can send you some pics.

MK21 is the worst of both worlds IMHO. It has a dynamic oring exposed to high pressure and does not have a swivel. Not enviro sealed either.

Have you used it yourself? I don't know of any issues with the MK21 at all. I have several of my friends who have been using it for years and none has complained about it.

But c370 is better than r195 as its balanced. I would find an mk2/some balanced 2nd stage used and have it serviced. Like mk2/g250v/g260 or even c370

If he wanted used, he would have done already. The MK21/C370 is a great combination.

Can both be O2 cleaned? If yes and they have the specs to work in your environment (cold temperature if required), I'd go with the MK21/C370 without a second thought especially if they are at the same price.

As far as I know mk21 shares internals with mk25 so I assume that can be o2 cleaned and I think required o rings can be ordered from scubagaskets.

Good morning, I have a MK2/195 or 295 reg that was my deco reg (purchased in 2007). Friends of mine have said it was fine but for some reason, this reg and I do not agree. FWIW, I now use a DiveRite reg for deco which I like. I'll be glad to sell it to you if you want to go this route. If interested, I can send you some pics.

Thank you, however i am currently only using Scubapro Regulators hence services and maintenance is easier when you have all your regs in same brand.

Have you used it yourself? I don't know of any issues with the MK21 at all. I have several of my friends who have been using it for years and none has complained about it.
I am sure MK21 is a fine reg on its own. But the OP and whoever resurrected the thread is asking specifically about a deco reg. On a deco reg a swivel is very helpful as it allows the hose to find its position and also reduces the possibility of hose kinking. MK21 does not have it. For high O2 you also want as few components exposed to high pressure as possible MK21 does not have it. It does not have environmental seal either. There is no any single advantage of mk21 I can think of. If you go with a risk of exposing the components to high o2 mk25 is a better choice as it has a swivel and also more versatile as it can be easy adopted to other duties. Its also easier to sell. . Do not want to risk with hi pressure o2 mk2 is better. Its also virtually indestructible, has a flippable seat and only has few oring to replace on a rebuilt.

Second stage is more critical for good breathing. I have an D400 on my mk2 and it breathes way better than any other regs I have on mk25 or mk17 firsts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom