Pregnant and can't wait to dive again...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SKTIDH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I have always wondered... I know I'm not the only woman who is a diver and is expecting a baby. However, my question is what do you do while your pregnant and can't dive?? I work at a dive shop so that doesn't help any... but I just can't wait to get back in!! 3 more months and counting... any creative suggestions??:confused:

what are the health risks of that? Would it not be possible to do shallow very conservative dives without doing any damage to the baby?
I'm not a woman so i guess i wouldn'tknow. just wondering

Jeremy Bouwman:
what are the health risks of that?

unfortunately no one knows the effects of pressure on a fetus, so .... the standard advice is don't dive, just in case

it's one of those "when in doubt, don't" things

JimLap:
Dust off that thing called a snorkel and jump in.

I must agree with JimLap! Go snorkel! It's the next best thing, right!:wink:

I booked a trip to the FL Keys, then 3 weeks later, found out I was pregnant! Needless to say... I snorkelled, while everyone else got to dive. Now... I'm finished having children, and my dive time is picking up again! Yay! My son is 9 and my daughter is 7, and before too long, they'll be old enough to get certified. I can't wait! :)

I ended up tagging along with my hubbie while he got certified as a rescue diver. Admittedly it isn't fun to sit on the sidelines while others are getting wet - but you'll sleep better at night knowing your unborn is safe.

Had to check your location. . . you haven't been in Virginia anytime lately have you??

Daughter in law started my grand daughter on her dive vacation. I'm proud to have a budding aquanaut, very proud she kept the pressure off till d-day.

I'm sure your body would be happier supported by water...since the little one is already hop in water and introduce the newbie to the water outside, sans the pressure!

Good luck with momhood!

Hoa!

Well I know that no matter what I'm not going to try and dive because I don't want to take any risk in that. I would snorkel but the thing here in Hawaii this time of year is that 1)swells on North, South, East and West shores 2)the weather has been really bad. I thought about trying to help out with some classes like just getting in the pool because that's what I miss most, but we'll see...

thanks for all the feedback!

Mahalos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom