Presidente Hotel/Dive Paradise April 15-20 Trip Report Part 1 of 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstevens:
We did try dropping by Dive Cozumel's shop a couple of times, but it looked more derelict than usual. The instructor told us similar things have been happening with that operator lately. I wonder what's going on with Roly?

I can't answer what is going on with Roli...but I picked up a group of three that had arrrangements with him a few weeks ago...they never could reach him either and the shop was never open when they went by...numerous times. I also tried reaching him for them with no success. Who knows what's going on there.

Praxus:
Yeah I agree, sounds like a big hassle to use the rebreather. Whats the advantage when you're diving with a group like that?

I can understand a diver wanting to dive his usual rig (whatever it is). You have developed a comfort zone, a familiarity with the equipment and where everything goes and fits, and especially fine tuned your buoyancy and trim. It's hard to quickly dial that in with unfamiliar equipment. But I would think a good diver could suck it up and reasonably adjust for the sake of making the trip much easier and cheaper. But if he and his GF are fine with running around town all day and making lots of phone calls to get it all worked out, that's their business.

Praxus:
You tipped the cab driver 5 bucks for a 5 dollar cab ride? No wonder they love americans LOL. Plus your 20 dollar tip to the DM for each dive equals what I PAID for each dive on my last trip to Roatan - rental gear included. No to mention that 40 dollar breakfast. Geez I wouldn't pay that at home, let alone down south!

Geez, we all have different finances and price comfort levels. I like to do things on the cheap and maximize "value". I don't go on vacation to eat or lounge in the room. Give me a $100 room with a clean bed and hot shower and lock on the door. Eating is a necessary evil, give me $5 worth of street tacos or an AI buffet to shovel in some calories and I'm fine. But others are different, they like to drop $100 to "fine dine" and stay in $300/night posh rooms. If they don't mind dropping the extra bucks for that (I have the money, I just prefer keeping it), that's great for them. My only point is that if one makes little attempt at seeking out value and seemingly chooses the most expensive option at every turn then it's not fair for them to come back with the perception that Coz is an expensive place to visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom