Prices in Puerto Rico for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airbornediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Whats gives with the prices in Puerto Rico? I was stationed there a few years ago on the USCG Air Station in Aguadilla and the prices used to be good. Most of the diving we did was shore and we used the Dive club on base for fills , boat etc.. Now I see that most places want $85 for two tank dive! I live in Miami and it doesn't even cost that much to do a technical dive. A lot of the boats here charge less than that for a three tank dive. Anyone know of a good dive boat on the west Coast that is worth diving with and Also on Culebra? Thanks for input.

airbornediver:
Whats gives with the prices in Puerto Rico? I was stationed there a few years ago on the USCG Air Station in Aguadilla and the prices used to be good. Most of the diving we did was shore and we used the Dive club on base for fills , boat etc.. Now I see that most places want $85 for two tank dive! I live in Miami and it doesn't even cost that much to do a technical dive. A lot of the boats here charge less than that for a three tank dive. Anyone know of a good dive boat on the west Coast that is worth diving with and Also on Culebra? Thanks for input.

Yep it's true, prices are anywhere from $70-$85 for a two tank dive. A little more depnding on rental. I liked Taino Divers based in Rincon for west coast, they do a nice boat out to desecheo which is beautiful. Parguera Divers based out of Parguera is my favorite dive operation on the island. I have not dove in culebra but heard that culebra divers was a decent outfit. If you are looking for a dive buddy when you come let me know. I'm always looking for one around here.

airbornediver:

Comparing prices from a USCG dive club to regular tourist rates doesn't sound like a fair comparison. $85 is maybe a little on the high side, but doesn't sound that atypical for many Carribean islands. I haven't spent much time in PR and didn't get a chance to dive there, but from what I saw it's not a cheap place.

Squee I'll be in PR for Thanksgiving. I'll drop you an e-mail. Do you want to go do some shore diving in Shacks, Gas Chambers and Survival?? I used to dive there almost every weekend and the diving is pretty good. I might take a trip over to Mona on the 24th with http://www.oceans-unlimited.com/.

Ariel

airbornediver:
Squee I'll be in PR for Thanksgiving. I'll drop you an e-mail. Do you want to go do some shore diving in Shacks, Gas Chambers and Survival?? I used to dive there almost every weekend and the diving is pretty good. I might take a trip over to Mona on the 24th with http://www.oceans-unlimited.com/.

Ariel

Hey i didn't even know there was a dive club on the island! Is that for USCG only, or can anyone join? I'd totally be up for some shore diving. Going to mona would be sweet as well, I'd have to check with my work schedule first though. I have been meaning to go to mona for some time now! Yeah drop me an e-mail when you get a chance, or PM me.

Squee I'm not sure about the dive club on the base anymore. as far as I know it was for any active only. I'll drop you an e-mail when I get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom