Princeton Tec tec 40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just bought a PT tec 40 as a backup light. My only concern is that you twist it to turn in on/off. does anyone know if it will leak if it's twisted so it's off? how tight does it have to be so the O-ring will seal?

I twist mine on and right when the light turns on i turn it back about a quarter turn and it stays off and doesn't leak.

beyond_gravity:
Does anyone know if it will leak if it's twisted so it's off? how tight does it have to be so the O-ring will seal?

When it's on, the head is screwed right down to the body - it won't leak. When you unscrew it, to turn it off, is when you can go too far and let water enter.

Careful you only unscrew it far enough for the light to turn off; and don't go any farther.

You have to unscrew it pretty far to get past the o-ring. I have turned mine on and off under water loads of times with no problems. Just keep the o-ring clean and lubed and don't worry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom