Private Charter in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5615mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Considering a private charter for Coz in May. Will dive 6 days, 2 tank dives a day and looking for suggestions from those of you who have done this in the past. It's just for my wife and I but for what we pay our DO in Coz, we might be able to have our own boat.

Who have you used?
What is the cost? Boat only or did they charge by the tank?
Did this include a DM?
Would you do it again?

Did it in Coz with Aldora for one day coming off a cruise ship. There were three of us and we paid as if there were four. Included DM. I would definitely do it again.

i come to cozumel about every 4 weeks & stay for 3 weeks at a time & always hire the same dive guide to dive privately with. he charters the boat & arranges for tanks. i pay him for the boat, the tanks & for his services. on top of that, i tip both him & the boat captain.

in the last year, i probably averaged 17 days of diving 3 tanks/day with him on each trip, with 90% of my dives being in the north end of the island. u don't know me from a hole in the wall, but if u know anything about diving in the north, i think it says alot about this guide's abilities if i did about 500 dives with him exclusively over a 12 month period.

if u want more info, like who he is & how much, email me directly at pigsdive1@aol.com. i'm almost reluctant to share my resource...that's how good he is & i want to make sure he's always available when i'm on the island!!!

Welcome to Scubaboard. That is one hell of a first post. Are you retired or just independently wealthy?

Amen brother (or sister).

Hola! There will be at least two or three of us who are divers that will be in the area the first week of May. We do have friends who work over in Coz that could probably hook us up with a good deal but we'd always be willing to hear what you have in mind. Let us know.

we chartered eagle ray divers with anotnio and chellie.

they were the best...very accomodating and went where they thought was best since it was our first time there. we did almost everything on the south end of the island. :D

we had 5 to 6 of us each time...one non diver grandma.

i forget how much we paid...but it was well worth it. they are a small family owned operation and have an awesome slow boat. not that any of them out there are very speedy.

www.eagleraydivers.com

jeffcali once bubbled...

... an awesome slow boat. not that any of them out there are very speedy.

??? The guys I dive with run a 25 foot open boat with twin Yamaha 200's. That's not speedy? If it's not, I don't WANT to ride in a speedy boat! ;^)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom