Private label production regulators

Would you buy/dive "private label" equipment?

• I would dive only with “brand name” scuba equipment I know and trust

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • I would buy and dive "private label" scuba equipment

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • I would only buy it if I'm sure I can get full service and a full (US) warranty

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • I would buy “private label” equipment only trough a dealer I trust, but not trough the I

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wondering if any of the older stuff was made the same way?
I have a set of Seac Sub Sorius regs that are labeled NITROX on both the 2nd stage and octo.
They look like any other typical diaphragm type regs that were manufactured in the late 90's.
I'd like to find parts for a rebuild but have turned up nothing specific to that brand.
The regs aren't that old and are still functioning perfectly but it never hurts to have kits available just in case.
Anyone have any info on these regs?
Thanks in advance for any help.

The Sorius is only the octo (demand valve) your first stage may or may not be a Seac Sub Manufacture - if you post a pic I will be able to tell you.

Seac Sub regs were made initially by San o Sub and Salvas in Italy, (Salvas stopped machining regulators in the late 90s) and later by Seac themselves who manufactured the first stages in house based on old design models. The second stage (Sorius) is an Italian generic moulding available from San o Sub, Mega or even Salvas, hense the Sorius LP parts are still interchangeable with any San o Sub in house production demand valve.

The first stages have lately (the recent three years) undergone some changes but without seeing the unit I cant tell if its a Seac Sub first stage.

Seac Sub has removed themselves visibly from the USA market, so I do believe you may have to buy your spares from a European shop and have em post it over, or you could just get a generic alternative, Trident sells a range of generic LP seats, take yours out, have it miked for size and check with them, I am almost sure they will have one that will work.

You dont need genuine parts, any of the generic parts are acceptable.

Is it a DR? H2O Odyssey? Or Blue Reef?

Attachments

• RG2200_3-300.jpg
    RG2200_3-300.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 40
  • ra2_lrg.jpg
    ra2_lrg.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 31
  • BLRAPO.jpg
    BLRAPO.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 43

Back