Pro Plus 2.0 Time Travel Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaSoulSelf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got back from a trip two weeks ago. Downloading my PP2, it apparently experienced a time-space continuum -- computer shows I was diving in April 2003! We had checked our computers before packing and everything appeared to be set correctly. Battery indicator shows full, but it is probably about 2-3 years old. The dive data is correct - matches that of my husband's PP2. I have had problems with a previous PP2 not reading temps. Oceanic fixed that issue a few years ago.

Has anyone else experienced this? Debating on trying a battery change...or just sending it right to Oceanic.

No, haven't had that problem. Clock doesn't keep as current as my watch does, but that's an easy check. A minute or two off on the time doesn't really matter that much over several months.

Thanks. The time and temp difference doesn't bother me too much anymore. Will be trying a battery swap first. Having the dates so far out of whack is annoying when I download.

I have had 4 different Pro Plus 2 dive computers and they all do that with the dates. I found that you need to download the dives within a month or so. After that, they years start to go all weird. The month and day seem to be correct, but the year often changes.

I also have found that they occasionally loose a log. The summary data will still show in the 24 summary dives on the dive screen, but the detail log will not show in the download list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom