Probably a dumb (new) BCD question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Onewolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought a Hollis ATS BCD and so far everything about it is great. It has all the features I was looking for and it appears to be very well made and it is comfortable when diving. The only issue is that when I don the BC and snug up the belt there is at least 24"-28" of extra belt. So far I've been just looping it back under itself but that's pretty annoying and a hazard to snag something in the loop. Since I can't possibly get any fatter :D I was thinking I would cut off about 18"-20" of the belt and then use a lighter to melt the cut edge of the nylon belt to resist fraying.

Any reasons not to do this?

Thanks.

By all means, cut off the excess. But remember, it is easy to cut more off but really difficult to add any more on. So start on the conservative side and work your way up until it is right for you.

Back
Top Bottom