problem dive in retrospect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M.D.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all,
So I had my first dive of the year last night at the local easy dive site (~27 ffw). I encountered quite a few problems and I've had time to analyse them.

Firstly, I had significant trouble descending (see last post). It took me a good couple minutes and a few hundred psi as I was not all that relaxed. I don't believe it's a weight issue because later on in the dive it was somewhat difficult to establish neutral buoyancy which I will attribute to being overweighted.

Secondly, during my wild descent my attention was not completely focused on proper equalization. I've always had a bit of an issue equalizing but I'm pretty sure I forced my ears on this dive. I plan on seeing a doctor but I think I may have bruised my ears a bit (I know the feeling because I had done this on my very first dive).

The rest of the dive was great, and thankfully my insta-buddy was very patient. Not much to see at this dive site, and vis was around 5 feet due to a lot of silt being kicked up from 4 other groups of divers. In fact at one point someone buddied up with us out of nowhere, we surfaced after trying to communicate to him and he said he lost his buddy.

I guess I just had to get that off my chest. I'm going to give my ears a while to rest before my next dive and I will remember to remain calm and relaxed should such a situation arise again.

I'm going to put some popcorn in the microwave...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom