Problem returning product to reseller scubastore.com also known as tradeinn.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is not what you originally led us to believe. You shouldn't just come on here and blast a company because you knew the deal and bought from them anyway. Then you would have us believe that you didn't know about the warranty until you spoke with scubapro.

As far as the refund, I guess you have a legit gripe there but it's hard to make heads or tales of it because of your other exaggeration.

As far as paypal is concerned, they screw sellers so hard that I can't believe the buyer got stuck this time. I only use paypal when absolutely necessary because I don't agree with their attitude towards sellers at all.

I suspected there would be warranty issues with it but took the word of the seller. I guess it was wishful thinking. But I figured I could always fall back on the return policy. I am not blasting the grey market warranty issue, but certainly am blasting their diligence in fulfilling refunds.

I thought I was pretty clear in my first post that I knew about the warranty issue but had a change of heart after speaking to Scubapro. I personally don't care if they are selling grey market stuff. I just want them to be better at their returns. Because my experience is they don't give back the money quickly. And as a buyer you are missing some of your money in the end. Mostly I wanted to educate future customers not as much about their grey market selling, because they sell many other products that don't have warranty issues. It is mostly Scuba pro products that have this issue. If you buy a suunto dive watch, I am sure there wouldn't be any warranty issues. I want to educate people about any purchase whatsoever from scubastore.com, because of their flawed returns department.

Actually there would because if your suunto screwed up you'd have to send it back to them to get taken care of. No US dealer will mess with it. As for the free parts deal that is if you make sure you get your reg serviced on time every year. Whether it needs it or not. As for them not processing refunds quickly I have to cut them some slack. First of all it's an international transaction. Second there was nothing wrong with the item. You just changed your mind after having the reg in hand. Third they had to pay fees to the credit card company and/or paypal. It was not their fault that you did not call ScubaPro before you bought the reg and found out their "grey market" policy. The stuff is not grey market in Europe where you actually did buy it.

This is why some divers prefer to service their own gear and not deal with the issue at all.

We also do not know what is involved for them to process a refund in the way of fees.

And lastly they now have a previously owned reg they need to sell. You might not have had it in the water but as a dealer I would not turn around and resell a reg that has been halfway around the world in a consumers hands without checking or, more likely in their case, having a tech stop servicing regs they are getting paid to do to fully check the returned one.

They are also looking at the fact that the money you spent and they may have used to replace the reg you bought now gives them an extra piece of inventory that may set around for a month along with the new one. That is lost profit. No business can afford that today.

As for returns I have made it a point to fully research every gear purchase in order to avoid having to get a refund. You need to look at what you are asking a seller to do. You may be out a few bucks. They are out the price of the reg minus that few bucks plus the new reg they got to replace that one. I'm sure they will sell both of them. But until they do they are out double.

Their prices are great. This seems like a case of buyer's remorse. I think it's uncalled for to bash them for a situation the consumer (you) created.

Michael

Scubastore is not a grey market dealer, they are authorised dealers. I have used them many times, without issue, save bad packaging. I am also aware that they are in Spain and as European Authorised dealers products purchased through them generally need to be returned to Spain or , for me not a deal breaker given the enormous savings I make. Not the end of the world, really you are only out the paypal amount and thats not bad for your "piece of mind". Forget about and go diving with your very nice new regs.

When you make a mistake it costs you, full stop. Free parts for life is a con, you will end up spending the price of a new regulator in 3 or 4 years in labour costs. I buy form Scubastore, and don't try and trick the local agent into giving me a warrantee! I accept that the price difference allows me to throw the item away and buy a new one every 4 or so years!! I'm afraid the person you spoke to a ScubaPro must have done an amazing job on you!! ScubaStore rules:D

I would suggest finding a LDS that you like and support them. HP compressors are pretty costly. You would have to save a bunch with online shopping to cover the expense. Besides that, I have found better service with my LDS than over seas online.

Yea, I checked it. I was aware of the warranty issue before buying it.

I'm going to throw the BS flag on that statement. You bought from them before you knew about the warranty issue. You never mentioned in your initial post that you suspected that at all. Or that they assured you of that. You made that claim after I mentioned it.

Basically you bought the reg at a great price, tried to register it and discovered that you "had a registration problem". Someone told you about the "parts for life" program in the USA, you sent it back and now you're bashing them over their refund policy. Just accept that you failed to do your due diligence on your end and enjoy the regulator. Posting "warnings" about them for your incompetence does not rate highly in my book. Sounds like this was about 99.99% your problem and not theirs. I've bought from them without problem many times before. They have refunded or replaced without any hassle. Stop whining.

Sounds like this was about 99.99% your problem

I think your estimate is low. IMO the seller did nothing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom