Problem with generic braided hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still have one brand new in the package Miflex2 26" LP hose. I don't know what to do with it. I have zero confident in it now

Look at it from the business point of view. It's cheaper to pay our for the rare diver death than to recall 1.5 million hoses. :) Business is business.

Until sales suffer and the CPSC steps in. Don't hold your breath.

I'm now definitely not buying the 10 failures in 1.5 million sales, someone's telling porkies.
I wonder how many user will cut off a faulty hose and investigated? If that happened to me, I simply threw it away.
And how many of the failure were actually reported? So I suspect the problem is a wee bit "common".

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 09:59 AM ----------

Look at it from the business point of view. It's cheaper to pay our for the rare diver death than to recall 1.5 million hoses. :) Business is business.
And if that happen in any third world, they probably can get away with it!!!

I wonder how many user will cut off a faulty hose and investigated? If that happened to me, I simply threw it away.
And how many of the failure were actually reported? So I suspect the problem is a wee bit "common".

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 09:59 AM ----------

And if that happen in any third world, they probably can get away with it!!!

During the HP Miflex recall 3 years ago( USA & Canada ), i contacted the distributor in the US, to explain, my HP hoses was bought from an US dive shop by internet,so, from them, and would like to know if i qualified for the return> answer= NO ( by the way, i live in an emerging country...:depressed: )

Last edited:
I still have one brand new in the package Miflex2 26" LP hose. I don't know what to do with it. I have zero confident in it now
Send it to me.... I'll pay shipping....

Jim...

I don't know much about polyurethane, but the pictures posted recently, and in the article written by Andy Davis, remind me of the bad batch PU o-rings a few of the Usual Suspects happened upon a while back.

Here is a link to an article that discusses PU degradation.

Chemical degradation of polyurethane. - Free Online Library

I wish that I had read this thread yesterday. Groucho Marx said that any club that would have him as a member, he didn't want any part of. I became a reluctant member of the 11Q3 club on the Diversity dive boat this morning just before I splashed in. Captain Tony said that he has seen four hose failures in recent weeks on his boat.

I never had a hose fail before. Glad I was still on the boat and not at 95'.

Attachments

• 20150909_172141.jpg
    20150909_172141.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 140
I have a 12Q3 that leaks at the crimp.... I can't remember who i got it from, so I am stuck with junk..... It was purchased as a spare, and I had it for over a year. Leaks the first time I connect it... nice! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom