Problem with Nitek Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bamamedic

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere between "hold my beer and watch this!" a
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had this Nitek Duo for about a year...with about one hundred dives on it.

On my last dive, while completing a safety stop at 20 ft, it started doing something really weird: It started flashing "slow" and the depth started jumping from 20 ft to 10 or 11 ft and back down to 20 ft again. This was pretty odd, considering I was at 20 ft and not actually changing depth at all! Other than the "slow" and the depth change, the rest of the information seemed to stay accurate. It quit doing this and acted normally during the last minute of the safety stop, and during the rest of my ascent.

Is the computer screwy, or do I just need to change the battery or something? I think it's still under warranty, but I would hate to have to send it back.

Thanks,
Rita :)

I've had the same thing happen to me a couple of times. I swapped out the battery and it didn't happen again for quite awhile.

If it was me I would send it back to Dive Rite. I have sent my own stuff back from time to time and items that came into our store for service and have found the Dive Rite service techs get items repaired or replaced quickly and that they are very easy to deal with

My Archimede II (which is basically the same DC) also shows strange behaviour when it is low on battery. Replacing the battery fixed all the problems. It seems especially apperant on depth and in cold water. I guess the battery voltage drops a bit under this condition when it's almost empty.

Battery can be replaced very easily on these models, as long as you keep the o-ring that seals the compartment clean and lubricated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom