Problems with attaching Inon AD lens to Ikelite adapter for Inon AD lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evil_xander

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've emailed Ikelite on this, but while I wait for response, perhaps somebody here had the same issue and has a solution/workaround...

I've recently purchased the IK9306.80 adapter for Inon AD lenses to be mounted on the 6154.90 housing for Fuji e900.

However, when I try to mount either an UWL-105AD or UCL-165 AD Inon lenses, they don't fit properly. I can insert them as instructed, but can make only 1/6 or so of the turn, and they cannot lock or be twisted to block in the adapter so they fall out easily. Since I don't want to use excessive force and damage the lenses, is there anything additional I could do to try and make it fit?

The adapter fits the housing perfectly, but the lenses don't, even though they should by all means, as per manufacturer specification.

I suspect I may need to do some manual touch up work on the adapter to make the lenses fit, but before I go further with this...

TIA

alcina:
Sorry to hear of your troubles! I look forward to hearing the solution.

I didn't have any problems with my Ike adaptor so can't shed any light for you.

Well, I got reply from the people at Ikelite, to either return the unit and get a new one (which is out of the question as shipping it over to US and back would cost more then just getting a new one), or to try and cut the excess myself (and also then return it if that doesn't work). So, I'm not too satisfied with production work and attention to detail for this part (the housing is superb) but they do have excellent customer support, I can definetly give them two thumbs up for that.

I'll go with the second option, just need to borrow some tools for proper measuring and cutting. Looks rather straightforward.

It seems that there's about 1-1.5mm difference from how deep the lens should fit and the actual fitting, the lens doesn't fit in deep enough. I'll take a few photos when I do it for future reference, should I succeed with the experiment. :)

Back
Top Bottom