Problems with Legend LX Supreme First Stage, Need Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoosh

New
Reaction score
Purchased in Feb of 2016. sn F056554. Recalled for: This concerns three regulators that may have a component in the ACD yoke system that may not have been tightened to the recommended torque when manufactured. This may lead to a possible gas flow failure during a dive when the regulator has been fitted on certain valves.

Turned it in for the recall. Came back from the tech and first use first stage free flowed due to low intermediate pressure unstable. When they opened the HP side of 1st stage they found HP seat to have scoring across the sealing ring. and some scoring on the shaft of the HP seat. No contamination found. They fixed it and sent it back.

Used it at 30 feet this weekend with a class. Suddenly both integrated computer (wisdom 3 on console) and my analogue gauge read 400 psi. (my computer was going nuts. bouncing from 200 - 400 psi) Changed tanks, and found there was still 1500 psi in my tank. Spoke to tech again and am AGAIN sending it back for service. Is anyone else having problems with this regulator.

Has anyone else had problems or heard of problems with this reg? If a better thread would be better please advise. First time posting on SB

I have lost full confidence in this reg. If they find it to be a problem with my first stage AGAIN I will be calling aqualung and switching to a different brand of reg. Sherwood SR2 I'm thinking.

This is one of the most reliable 1st stages on the market. I would strongly suspect that your problem is the tech, not the regulator. Take it to a different shop.

R..

Agree with Diver0001.

Back
Top Bottom