Professional Liability Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xmass-Eve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I go back to teaching soon and I am expected to get a Professional Liability insurance. I never was asked about that before. Also no one of my instructor friends has one of these. So I am a bit in the blue about what to get. And also why to get it... I am not teaching in the USA, there won't be these weird court cases for jack sh*t. But apparently I need it in my new dive center. So, what do you use? Does anyone use Indepths.org? They seem to be reasonable in price... The other ones (DAN and the PADI-one. I don't know more) are really expensive.

Why don't you check with the agency you are affiliated with first?
I found a tread on an other board from some long time ago where they gave the one SSI recommended. It looks like only for the US/Canada...

Who expects you to get professional liability insurance, and if they expect you to, I'm sure they have an approved program. Should you decide to go outside their approved program, you may find that you don't meet the requirements of whomever is requiring the insurance.

Who expects you to get professional liability insurance, and if they expect you to, I'm sure they have an approved program. Should you decide to go outside their approved program, you may find that you don't meet the requirements of whomever is requiring the insurance.
I actually think they, the resort/dive center, means I just need a DAN medical, but my American bf thinks they mean I need liability insurance. He used to need one when being a climbing guide. I asked them but got a non-explaining answer. So that's why I am doing some research for when it is indeed a liability insurance, I know what to pick. It's just so terribly expensive. Instructors don't earn that much :)

Are you a certified "SCUBA" instructor? If yes, what agency are you affiliated with for teaching scuba?
I am an instructor, yes :D With SSI. But where I was teaching before, it wasn't expected from us to have a liability insurance. So I don't know lots about it

I actually think they, the resort/dive center, means I just need a DAN medical, but my American bf thinks they mean I need liability insurance. He used to need one when being a climbing guide. I asked them but got a non-explaining answer. So that's why I am doing some research for when it is indeed a liability insurance, I know what to pick. It's just so terribly expensive. Instructors don't earn that much :)
Where is the resort?

I don't know why you would need professional liability insurance in the Maldives, unless you or the resort have assets to protect.

Back
Top Bottom