Project Argonaut, totally new, vintage style DH regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul's nww Argonaut Kraken bound for Australia. Check out his cool job Giant 5m Great White Shark on view! Shark in a Bus, mobile museum
29dcb4e2e4216ebfdd589e43c6dbf39f.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Just little ol'me, Nemrod and the Argonaut Kraken DD-6:

IMG_6179_zpsnmg2xghx.jpg

Not a fancy French wreck but it will have to do, the Duane:

IMG_6108_zpsjybnwzdm.jpg

This barracuda seems unimpressed enough:

IMG_5930_zpsccxkpcfh.jpg

Hello there, my you have a nice set of red hoses:

IMG_5841_zpscu2epgnx.jpg

Joe's Tug:

IMG_6014_zpsah6dghvr.jpg

Benwood:

IMG_5968_zpsjdb1errv.jpg

Hit all of the usual places, met the usual suspects, the Kraken continues to perform well, I really enjoy the smooth operation and effortless exhaust. My photo did not turn out :( but at the BHB I saw the most beautiful little moray, he alone was worth the sojourn. Only got banned from two ops, all in all a success for me and my Argonaut and my camera survived being gently gummed :).

N

Only got banned from two ops, all in all a success for me...

I see both a back-up 2nd stage and a BC power inflator (and a SPG) in your top pic. So, why "banned?"

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

French shipwrecks in deep , ​everyone will not dive them , it seems the surface of the water , we dive with them vintage regulator not new ,
my grandfather can dive with a new one too :)

I see both a back-up 2nd stage and a BC power inflator (and a SPG) in your top pic. So, why "banned?"

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

He was probably molesting a manatee or picking a fight with a shark… :shocked2:
I am sure there is a story…

:D

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Had nothing to do with my regulator/equipment and all to do with my inability to be nannied gracefully. I can bear only so much before I go rogue. :wink:

N

Details? Might help me decide which ops to avoid.

You know that I never say anything bad about a business or person in an open forum, I just place them on ignore like our Turkish friend who dives French wrecks with no air. If you sincerely want to know and truly need to know to avoid a bad experience then PM me and introduce yourself.

And, it would be nice to keep this thread somewhat about the Argonaut instead of devolving into a he said and then she said.

IMG_5909_zpsh4ysyrr5.jpg

N

We dive these French wrecks with vintage regulator. When we dive to these wrecks surface does not seem because they are in deep. ..
Europeans, they do not demand the any subsequent changes made new doublehose.
When Aqua Lung did new Mistral thought that all underwater photographers buy it , but it was not. now they can be purchased very cheaply from the diveshop. It was a bad experience.
Especially not been held for Europe as the most experienced divers.I'm a lover of vintage doublehose. I would have a substantial number of different brands. All of them work and in dive case.
I am not only a collector ,I dive with them. I want to be popular again doublehose flour from halfway around the world.
Rob (Ivan ) said Argonaut Kraken was a good regulator,he dived 165 feet. I believe it. I want to say that our choice of vintage.
However, the new model gets a few people enthusiast. Europen are proud of what they dive to the regulator in what is old.
This is a cultural difference between countries.Red Sea is a diving paradise, each diver go there and dive. You can do this high level of income.
Vintage diving is popular in Red Sea.All equipment are vintage not new Mistral.
Already with this marketing tactic is not widespread.I donn't like the one in a country so I donn't sale to them.It's a very stupid idea.
American marketing has taught the world. Europeans do not already bought except a few enthusiasts. I never used one recently 2 Barakuda doublehose. Un opened un un used in box and 1 Royal Mistral. Although not technically as Kraken but true vintage. I'm going deep with them, this is my way.
Special note Nemrod : to non Americans respect and never to ridicule that they invented tools. Never do irony.

Argonauts Swing Both Ways...
I dive mine Vintage Style as Well as Modern Style
SeaHunt05.jpgSeaHunt06.jpg
Above is vintage style with no attachments.
Below is a video with all attachments and a horsecollar BC.
[video]http://vid1135.photobucket.com/albums/m635/SurfLung/Test4_zpsdedodvpo.mp4[/video]
Bottom line is this:
Argonaut Kraken is everything we love about Vintage, wrapped up in a modern design that outperforms most modern regulators. And, it is something that's refreshingly new in the otherwise boring world of modern diving.
Kraken01.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom