Promate vs. Mares, Cressi, Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steelsaint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know about Promate? Is it true that all masks, snorkles and fins are made by the same manufacture, but just use a different logo? I know Promate offers an extensive line of products for diving, but how do they stand up against the competitors?

S S, No, not ALL are made by the same manufacturer, but many are. Promate has a respectable line at very competitive prices. I did a search on SB several months ago and got some great info.

much of what you are talking about is normally talking about regulators, as in fact many many regulators are exactly the same and made by the same couple of companies. I believe the most common ones are Ocean Divers Supply and Tabatha USA (aka TUSA).
But as for Mask, fins and snorkels. There are huge numbers of companies that make these items, and each are company specifies very different layouts, and minor difference in their mask shape or other factors can greatly effect your comfort mid dive.

Thanks. I appreciate the information. I do have a friend that sells Promate. He is an Scuba instructor and I know he knows what he's talking about. I haven't seen much on threads about Promate and wanted to see what others were saying. Thanks Again

Not all Masks and Fins are made by the same company. Many products that are produced in China are in fact made by the same supplier.

Most Mares masks and fins are made in Italy or other European countries. The molding technlogy on the fins, the use of innovative silicone technology (LiquidSkin) in the masks is what seperates these products from the sourced commodity products. It is the dedication to R & D that produces these products.

Regards,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom