proper amount of weight???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sxyscubagal once bubbled...
Hello all,
I have been using 10 lbs of weight since diving and have had no problem.. At the moment I'm wearing a jacket type bc- weight integrated. I"m 5'4'' and about 117lbs, very petite and lean. I have been reading articles here of women using 25-30 lbs of weight and I can't even imagine using that much??? I 'd sink like a rock and probably never be able to get back up!! LOL Am I missing something ??? Should I be using more weight for some reason??? Now I'm very confused.

if you have no problem with 10 stay there. Its all about what type of suit you wear, salt or fresh water, alum or steel tank. but if 10 is good stay there. even how a persons skill is in the water. I am 6' 2" 200 and wear 4 lbs in salt with a full 3 mil

Hi

Just a tip that has helped me to adjust before any dive situation. Try getting in the water with just your wet suit,snorkel,mask and fins. If using a weight belt wear it, with air in your lungs you should float at mid mask level and emty lungs you should sink about one foot under. If you are weigth intergrated wear your BC without tank. Adjust your weight to obtain the above result. You will be extremely close to your ideal weight adjustment. Try it and let me know if it helps you.
Doug

Divers Do It Deeper::wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom