proper exposure suit for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll take a boat coat over a space blanket. Several of the best operators have boat coats for their divers, Aldora, for instance. I know there are others
That's fine. The pocket blanket is just an option, and no one picks their op based on coats. If your fav has them, great.

Lavacore vest with a rash guard shirt and swim trunks works for me. YMMV. If it gets rainy and windy on the boat, it can get VERY chilly....

Gonna be in Coz early Nov and taking my 5 mil. I don't have much natural insulation and we average 70+ minute dives. As said before, easy to cool down, but hard to get warm. But...not afraid to piss myself as needed.

That's fine. The pocket blanket is just an option, and no one picks their op based on coats. If your fav has them, great.
I like the blankets off airplanes, they roll up small and compact in my dry bag and if used I hang them up over night and they dry out fast. Anything to cut the wind when wet and running against an El Norte.

I like the blankets off airplanes, they roll up small and compact in my dry bag and if used I hang them up over night and they dry out fast. Anything to cut the wind when wet and running against an El Norte.

Unfortunately, carriers now seem to reserve blankets and pillows for 1st class. 1st class overheads are loaded with them but none to be found in the back where the other 95% fly. Last flight I grabbed a blanket while working my way through 1st class to the cattle section (couldn't pay me enough to put my head near one of those pillows) and after I duned the blanket I was politely informed the blankets are reserved for 1st class but I was more than welcome to purchase or "rent" one for a few dollars. WTF! This trip, I'm gonna grab two of them, one to pack away and steal and one to dun after I sit down. I'll also pack one of my mylar survival sheets. When they take my blanket away I'm gonna stand up and break that mylar survival sheet out and see what happens.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, carriers now seem to reserve blankets and pillows for 1st class. 1st class overheads are loaded with them but none to be found in the back where the other 95% fly. Last flight I grabbed one while working my way through 1st class to the cattle section and after I duned it I was politely informed the blankets and pillows are reserved for 1st class but I was more than welcome to purchase or "rent" one or both for a few dollars. WTF! This trip, I'm gonna grab one of those blankets and pillows again and also pack one of my mylar survival sheets and when they take the blanket away I'm gonna stand up and break that mylar survival sheet out and see what happens. Friggin' airlines.
I'll give you a couple of mine in December :)

I'll give you a couple of mine in December :)

No need GPB... I'd rather steal them & make up $4 per of our $25 bag charges! We are looking forward to seeing you again even if it is just in passing as our dates didn't match up this year. No worries, we'll manage to "make do" without ya. There's always Dec 2017. Keep them spear points sharp but as we are arriving when you are leaving I am guessing those points will be DULL DULL DULL by then. CHINK CHINK CHINK. :wink:

Well, I just got back from Coz, and with water temps around 84* I would have been over-heated in any wetsuit. Most in my group dove in swim trunks or shorts and a t-shirt. I always like to dive in my skins at least. I imagine in March that skins with my 3 mm shorty would be just about perfect. I never got cold, even on the boat ride back to the hotel and in fact got hot several times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom