Props to Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SterlingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A month ago on the end of the last cenote dive of the trip in Akumal, while still on the tank, my ATX200 regs. got dumped into the dirt from the height of 1 meter. There was no noticiable damage and we cleaned up our gear and headed for home. Two weeks ago in Utila preparing for the first dive of the trip that little voice we have was telling me not to trust my regulator. Tex at Gunther's Ecomarine checked it out for me and found that the filter seat that marries up to the tank was damaged and the yoke was bent. For all of the dives I used a SB rental while my ATX 200 sat in its case.

When I got back to the States I took my regs. to my local dealer and explained what happened, that it was my fault, and asked him to order all parts including a new knob.

Apeks has contacted the dealer and let him know they are overnighting the parts to me Monday at no charge!!!

Folks, now that is service!!!!

This has been my favorite reg. I have ever breathed. Now Apeks has shown me a side of them that is rare today. Good product, good Company!!

Good Breathing,

Dave

SterlingDiver:
A month ago on the end of the last cenote dive of the trip in Akumal, while still on the tank, my ATX200 regs. got dumped into the dirt from the height of 1 meter. There was no noticiable damage and we cleaned up our gear and headed for home. Two weeks ago in Utila preparing for the first dive of the trip that little voice we have was telling me not to trust my regulator. Tex at Gunther's Ecomarine checked it out for me and found that the filter seat that marries up to the tank was damaged and the yoke was bent. For all of the dives I used a SB rental while my ATX 200 sat in its case.

When I got back to the States I took my regs. to my local dealer and explained what happened, that it was my fault, and asked him to order all parts including a new knob.

Apeks has contacted the dealer and let him know they are overnighting the parts to me Monday at no charge!!!

Folks, now that is service!!!!

This has been my favorite reg. I have ever breathed. Now Apeks has shown me a side of them that is rare today. Good product, good Company!!

Good Breathing,

Dave

Dave,

That's great to hear! Customer service has become a lost art form! I'm also glad to hear that because I just picked up 2 ATX200's and can't wait to dive them! Apeks! You bet!

That's nice of your shop too.. if they were without scruples, they would have charged you full price for the parts anyway.

That really is great news...it is nice when things like that happen it really restores one's confidence and creates brand loyalty.

As an aside, just curious. You said it fell into the "dirt" at "1 meter"? Did it hit rock? That seem like a fair amount of damage for only a hair over 3 feet into "dirt".

Regardless...great news!

MacLeod:
...As an aside, just curious. You said it fell into the "dirt" at "1 meter"? Did it hit rock? That seem like a fair amount of damage for only a hair over 3 feet into "dirt".

Woops...disregard. I now see that you said it was *still attached to your tank*. That would make a difference.

Apeks has always been a real classy company. When I sent off for information about there company I recieved an extremely detailed email about there reg specs, warranty policy, parts replacement policy. This email reached me in about 18 hours with a long apology about the time of response. In all apeks has always stood behind there product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom