Pros and Cons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colo_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
of your hometowns........... This might sound odd, but the wife and I are attempting to narrow down a long list of future homes and we thought this might be a way to gain some local slant to our search..... the local chambers and realtors all spout the same ol stuff..... a little about us, mid 40's college educated she is an SSI Instructor and aftrer her kids and grandkids it is all about the beach and dive..... me, master diver, golfer, sports nut...... so dear Scuba boarders..... what do you love about your home? what do you hate? thanks in advance of your comments and messages

I have contemplated the same question for a while. One thing I am considering is the proximity of a major hub airport.....like Atlanta. Right now, I live in NC and I either fly out of RDU or FAY and most of the time go thru Atlanta. That adds usually an additional $200 per ticket just to get to Atlanta.

So for me....affordable housing, near a military base so that I can get whatever unfulfilled gov medical support promises....and a major airline hub is the need.

NC ...minus the airlines hub....is a great state. I am two hours from the coast with great wreck diving. I have sea shores and tall mountains. If you saw the Daniel Day Lewis movie....The Last Mohican....it was filmed in NC. We dont get a lot of snow in most of the state....mountains yes...duh....but we do get at least one good ice storm a year. To me that is worse than snow.

And...since you are a golfer....we do have Pinehurst....and if I have to explain that...you aint much of a golfer!!! lol

Good luck on your search.....rich

I specifically moved to Broward County, Florida, 25 years ago because it is the only place in the continental United States where you can walk off the beach and dive a coral reef.

You better be rich, though. If I hadn't purchased my home 7 years ago, I couldn't afford to live here. And I'm not moving. A quarter century of paradise!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom