Protea Banks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats the problem "COLD WATER" dont get me wrong CT is great, but wouldnt u rather be in a tropical area......??? SODI'S in jan or Ponta.......

ScubaLover1:
Thats the problem "COLD WATER" dont get me wrong CT is great, but wouldnt u rather be in a tropical area......??? SODI'S in jan or Ponta.......

The occasional trips to the tropics are great (I'm off to Pemba in Jan) but wouldn't give up Cape Town for the world. Besides the tropics don't produce particularly good wine and I'd rather swim in that....

Diving the Birckenhead is still one of my favourite dives of all time, sure its not Cape Twon but its cold enough :)

Where else are you almost guaranteed of seeing a white shark :p

scubaculture:
Diving the Birckenhead is still one of my favourite dives of all time, sure its not Cape Twon but its cold enough :)

Not done the Birkenhead but done a few others...

scubaculture:
Where else are you almost guaranteed of seeing a white shark :p

I have a coupel of shark pics in my gallery

i hope i can get back to SA this year or next. i was there last year in march and had a great time although i did have some bad luck with the diving. the white shark dives in mosselbay were canceled because of the "wrong" winds (although the weather was beautiful) and protea banks was too stormy to go out the first day and the second day we briefly saw a couple of hammers but nothing else although this was the peak of the zambezi season. highly unusual. trevor krull's african odysea is a great operator for protea banks. sodwana worked out better. i did get to see a whale shark. and then the sfari part at mala mala... amazing.

docmartin:
i hope i can get back to SA this year or next. i was there last year in march and had a great time although i did have some bad luck with the diving. the white shark dives in mosselbay were canceled because of the "wrong" winds (although the weather was beautiful) and protea banks was too stormy to go out the first day and the second day we briefly saw a couple of hammers but nothing else although this was the peak of the zambezi season. highly unusual. trevor krull's african odysea is a great operator for protea banks. sodwana worked out better. i did get to see a whale shark. and then the sfari part at mala mala... amazing.

I really hope your next trip is more fun. Let us know if you need any help, we can assist in planning a superb holiday anywhere in South Africa or Mozambique

Hope all Gauteng divers and tour operators keep on bein sissies and whining about the cooooooooold Cape waters.
Leaves the diving here to me, scubaculture and a few others. :wink:
BTW: Did the H.M.S. Birkenhead early this year three times but did not even see a fin tip of a G.W. Still a brilliant weekend of diving although I expected a bone crushing site like Bellows Rock and was mildly surprised.

Hope all Gauteng divers and tour operators keep on bein sissies and whining about the cooooooooold Cape waters.
Leaves the diving here to me, scubaculture and a few others.

LeCap, yes, we like the warmer water :) - haha

No, i have to say that diving the Cape water is fantastic...that's why we take our clients diving with the Great Whites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom