Protech in AC??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titletowndiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know if Protech is still operating? I tried emailing them this morning and got a bounceback msg. Any info would be appreciated.

No, sadly I closed Protech in 2008. If you're after recreational diving or training I mainly work with Island Divers, on the dock of the Spindrift Hotel in the centre of town. If you want technical diving or training I work through AquaDives at Sunbreeze Hotel, to whom I sold most of that equipment. If you're after a value hotel/dive package, I recommend Patojo's Dive Centre and The Tides Hotel, colocated just north of town, under common ownership and run as one business.

I wouldn't rely on the Scuba Dive Yellow Pages as it is a very incomplete site and seems to be based on paid advertising rather than objective reviews such as you find on ScubaBoard. I can't imagine using paid advertising as a way of determining a dive op.

Unfortunately Pro-Tech is closed as it was one of the premier dive ops on the island. There are others such as Eco-Logic and Chuck and Robbie's that get high marks on here as well as the ones cited by Peter. For more reviews just do a search in this forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom