Protect the sharks - petition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wahlaoeh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dear friends,

I have just visited GoPetition and sign the petition to protect the sharks of our oceans. Pls help by signing this petition and hopefully you'll forward it to all your friends to let them know that sharks need protection too!

Protect the Sharks Petition

Together we can make a difference. Thank you very much.

Happy bubbles,
Jovin-

I'm a fan of sharks but I also live a realistic life.

Creating laws to stop shark finning is not going to stop the problem. The shark fin industry is booming and just because there's a law. doesnt mean anything is going to change.

The death of the world will happen very soon, dont sign the petition, go dive with sharks while you still can!

"The death of the world will happen very soon, dont sign the petition, go dive with sharks while you still can!"

If we all believed that, it would immediately become true!

Luckily there are huge numbers of people prepared to act - check out sharkalliance.org!

If u care about the sharks, care about the whales, the reef fish, turtles, rays.

It should be an all out effort to re-populate the fishiers.

Sign petitions, but financially support and volunteer for the organizations that are desperately trying to save them!

The Shark Research Center www.sharks.org
The Shark Alliance The Shark Alliance
The Sea Shepherd Sea Shepherd
Oceana Oceana – Protecting the World’s Oceans: North America Protection and Restoration
NOAA Marine Sanctuaries NOAA National Marine Sanctuaries: Oceans, Marine Life, Shipwrecks, Diving, Whales
Rob Stewart SHARKWATER SHARKWATER - In UK theaters February 22nd

We all need to take the next step in the fight for our oceans and our sharks!
Carolyn:shark2:

It doesn't matter what we want, we need to educate and persuade the Japanese that they should be utilizing all of the shark if they are going to take them! I is like all husbandry you have to sustain the supply and cultivate the population or it is gone commercially! If you can fish and take sharks as well as Blue fins, etc then once you catch it it is yours regardless of what parts you use or eat! So what are you going to do? Outlaw fishing? Or will they have to take the whole shark, just as dead, and use the parts they want behind the scene? The only way to slow it or stop it is education! If people see a greater value in a live shark than a wedding dish! I don't understand how we hold some cultures responsible for their behavior and others get away with murder in the name of religion and culture! Too much PC I thinks and not enough judging going on in this world! :shakehead:

I am sorry to inform you that Americans use more shark products than they ever knew. The medications that help sustain joint health use shark cartilage. It is listed on the label as fish products. Everyone must read labels, BOVINE is cartilage from cows and actually has been shown to be much more effective. Also, the liver of the shark is used in Fish Oil supplements used for cardiac health. I would suggest using FLAX Seed instead. Especially when the liver of the fish contains high toxins and mercury.

Here is a link to other products that contain shark:
Shark Preservation

It's not just one market depleting sharks. We need to open our eyes and not support the companies that make products with shark.

Carolyn:shark2:

I have no problem using all of the shark as long as it is sustainable and in numbers that insure the survival of the species and the ocean! We need to study and control the best use of the resource! I do know about all the products, but we use all of the shark as opposed to fining that wastes so much of the shark while so much can be used! We need to educate and manage them as a renewable resource! Cows are not endangered because we eat them! Sharks are top of the chain, but they are still fish, and can be tasty useful protein...... I respect you right not to use shark products, I want to know the use is responsible and managed!

Back
Top Bottom