Provo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metalmat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys I will be going back to Club Med Turks again ... this time i am certified.... I was wondering if i should go with Club Meds scuba or should I use an outside dive shop? thanks matt

Take a look at what the club offers, call and ask if they just do the same dives over and over or if they mix up the dive sites. If they sound too boring, go with soem one else. Thare are too many great dives around Provo and the rest of the Turks and Caicos to settle for POD people dives.

I would second the previous poster's advice. Fifi @ Caicos Adventure is about the best dive operator I have dived with throughout the Caribbean.

Dive Provo isn't too bad but definately a notch below Fifi's outfit.

Club Med does offer the most "interesting" beach viewing thanks to it's European influences.

I would second the previous poster's advice. Fifi @ Caicos Adventure is about the best dive operator I have dived with throughout the Caribbean

My wife and I are leaving for Provo in 9 days...all the praise Caicos Adventures receives here on SB influenced my decision.

I'll second the opinions above. Club Med usually dives Grace Bay which is mediocre at best. Caicos Adventures is a premier op and one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of diving with (185 Caribbean dives and counting).

If you choose to dive with Caicos Adventures, specifically request Scott as your captain. You'll be on Caicos Cat which is an immaculately maintained dive boat and you'll get one of the best crews operating in the Caribbean.

R

Not sure how often this happens and at what time(s) of the year, but when we were there last a couple of years ago around this time of the year we had a problem when a storm blew through... Main storm was done in a day, but left the wind blowing in from the north (i believe) and the seas a bit choppy. The ClubMed boats leave from their dock in grace bay and "could not get out" - for 3 days! On the 3rd day we called Dive Provo and they went out from one of the 2 marinas they use. The seas were smooth as glass on the side of the island we went out!!! We were very happy with sites, the boats, the crew and to be diving! We ended up diving with them the next day as well since we did not want to risk ClubMed not going out. To the credit of the folks running the dive op at ClubMed they refunded us for all the dives we did not do with them even though they did manage to go out the last day. So if you are looking to do the ClubMed thing with a little diving on the side then use their inhouse op, otherwise pick one of the dive ops and really get excellent sites and no cattle boats.
Here's a tip if you are staying at ClubMed and diving with another op, there may be an hour time difference from the resort and the rest of the island!!

We loved both Caicos Adventures and Dive Provo. I would pick Caicos Adventures again in a heartbeat!

Enjoy your trip!

Definetly use an outside dive OP! Club med will only take you to the same grace bay and NW point sites, which are "ordinary". We were there with CM last march and were also pinned in for a few days due to winds. We missed 2 days, and decided to take a day with Caicos Adventures to make sure to dive. They took us to West Caicos. That 1 day with CA was better than all of those with CM put together...:shakehead If only I had known, we would have booked all the days with an Outside OP.

I highly recommend Caicos adventures. They were very pro all the way!

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom