PSA: Suunto dive computer "recall"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Saw this in another thread that is busy discussing why OW divers are stupid.

Wanted to highlight it so that people with possibly affected computers can take action-

anyone with a Suunto dive computer can file a claim and have their computer inspected for free by the companies. If any problems are found, they will be replaced or repaired for no cost. All replacements will also have an extended five-year warranty, three years longer that the normal warranty.

In addition, there is a $775,000 fund that will compensate divers who had defective computers that they threw away or replaced with a different brand.

Suunto settles scary scuba screwup for $50m: 'Faulty' dive computer hardware and software put explorers in peril

Not sure what was new in recent court proceedings per that news article, unless they just put a bow on what has already been going on for several months now.
Here is a lot more info and history: SUUNTO Recall

That news article is the first time I have seen anything mentioned about a Suunto AI not tracking air usage, and even the article appears to eventually explain that is not part of the legal settlement. Sounds like it may have been an as yet unexplained occurrence that was included in this one article to gain a few more eyeballs on the story. Other than that, I don't see anything new in this story.

thanks for the link to the other thread. did not know it existed.

the article was dated from today, so I thought it was new.

mods can delete this thread then or maybe append it to the other one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom