PSD Gear Tracking Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roguediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello.

I need some help on tracking a dive teams gear. Like service done or needed. I just got handed this today which is great, and need help.

roguediver:
Hello.

I need some help on tracking a dive teams gear. Like service done or needed. I just got handed this today which is great, and need help.
Diver or department owned gear?

Either way start out with a detailed inventory of each divers gear. From there it's simple. Just don't have all the services due at the same time.

Try to divide it up in thirds or fourths. Like one Group 1 has it all done between Jan and April. Group 2 May through Aug. Group 3 Sept through December. That way everyone isn't down at the same time.

Have each diver supply you with the records. No service no diving, period.

I've handled the gear for almost 30 years and they just slapped a title on me, BFD, a title is just that. "Gear police". hehehe Once you get a system down it's easy to keep going.

Good luck.

Gary D.

Thanks Gary D.

Most of the gear is department, there is a few things that belong to the divers them self. I have all ready started doing an inventory, but it is just written down on a pad of paper for now. Do you have any kind of form, or form's that you track all on. Just looking for idea's for now. And if not do you have any idea's about form's to use, thanks.

roguediver:
Thanks Gary D.

Most of the gear is department, there is a few things that belong to the divers them self. I have all ready started doing an inventory, but it is just written down on a pad of paper for now. Do you have any kind of form, or form's that you track all on. Just looking for idea's for now. And if not do you have any idea's about form's to use, thanks.
Nope, just a simple list in the computer with a description, serial numbers and notes about each piece.

Break it down in catagories. IE: Tanks, Fins, Regs, etc. and then have an issue slip for each diver. Do they keep it or does it stay at one location?

Just like the gear and dives, use the kiss system.

Gary D.

Thanks

The gear stays in a trailer. Once again thanks for the help.

Rogue, there are companies out there that make software for gage calibration and inspection.
You put in the serial number, description, what have you, put in the date of next inspection and it will pop up and give you an alert in advance before the calibration/inspection is due.

I use GageTrak4 from Cybermetrics.

They can be reached at cybermetrics.com.

the K

The Kraken:
Rogue, there are companies out there that make software for gage calibration and inspection.
You put in the serial number, description, what have you, put in the date of next inspection and it will pop up and give you an alert in advance before the calibration/inspection is due.

I use GageTrak4 from Cybermetrics.

They can be reached at cybermetrics.com.

the K
I'm going to take a look at this one as well.

Thanks

Gary D.

Check out the Sea Wolff Software. It is an Access 2000 based program, but it appears to be vary detailed. We just got a demo copy a couple of weeks ago, but have not had time to thoroughly check out the program. It tracks gear, personel, and reporting. I think the going price is $450.00. Alex should be glad to help you out though.

www.seawolff.com
www.sarmanager.com

Eric

Looks good, I will have to check this out more. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom