PSD Line of Duty Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boater Dan

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I came across this on firefighterclosecalls.com. Information is limited at this time, but I thought I would post it in case anyone may have more info.

Dan

RHODE ISLAND FIREFIGHTER DIES IN THE LINE OF DUTY WHILE ATTEMPTING WATER SEARCH & RESCUE
Monday, August 4, 2008
It is with deep regret that we advise you that a Tiverton (Rhode Island) Firefighter has died in the Line of Duty while attempting a water rescue in a pond. The Firefighter was one of the divers out searching the waters of the pond looking for a man that went missing, when he lost his own life in the search and rescue attempt. The FF's responded around 1900 hours last night (Sunday) to a report that a man had fallen into the water. Details to follow.

Sending thoughts and prayers that direction. Never an easy thing to deal with.

Further information being posted on other locations indicate that he had suffered a heart attack while diving.

The thoughts and prayers of our team members go out to the Tiverton Fire Department and the family of the diver.

Dan

Our Prayers sent to our lost Brother and his family and the Tiverton Fire Department.

Jim

Man, this really hits home. Thoughts to the family.

Another tough one.... Prayers sent

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom