Pt-015 Color Correcting Filter 67 mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajeanie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone been able to find the color correcting filter attachment for the Pt-015 housing other than at Ocean Brite? We have purchased from Ocean Brite before and will again but they are gone until 9-3 and was wondering if anyone had purchased from others. Thank you.

Are you sure you really need the color filter? Giligan just ran a test with one and there was no major difference to be seen....Have you used a filter with your oly before and gotten results?

scubajeanie:
Has anyone been able to find the color correcting filter attachment for the Pt-015 housing other than at Ocean Brite? We have purchased from Ocean Brite before and will again but they are gone until 9-3 and was wondering if anyone had purchased from others. Thank you.

Have you read this article about using filters? It is a good article but there are those that disagree with it by arguing that anything that can be accomplished with a filter can likewise be accomplished after the fact in a software program such as Photoshop. I am not experienced enough to argue that.

Ocean Brite does not state what type of filter they are marketing. Is it an FL-B or FL-D or? The above article will explain the type of filter suggested for blue or green waters.

I bought a used FL-B filter at B&H photo for use here on Maui in blue water. I took a photo the other day for comparison and quite frankly didn't see much difference between using the filter and not using it. Both photos were taken using Manual White Balance and adjusted in Photoshop. You can view the results here.

If you use a filter you still need to calibrate your White Balance manually to get the best results. The author of the above article used a grey card. I use a white card (dive slate). An article I read re using a grey card stated:
A Kodak Gray Card is needed when you feel that your in-camera light meter may not provide an accurate reading for the situation you are photographing. This has nothing to do with white balance, so you still need to use a white card to set your white balance.

If you insist on getting a filter try B&H Photo for one. The one I bought used was $15.00. I'm sure it was not specifically intended for underwater use but nevertheless it is an FL-B filter.

Back
Top Bottom