PT-015 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivemasterSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
i just got the housing today even though it will be next spring before i can get it wet. newegg has them right now for $134 and shipping is free so i had to go ahead and order it.

i have a dumb question about it. i knew some housings came with a weight but i have never had one before that did. i looked and never found in the directions where it said how to put the weight on the housing so being it fit on the bottom where the housing would mount to a tripod, i screwed it there. i hope that was the right place. the question i now have is the weight came with a washer on a string. what is that for?

thanks,
steve

You put it in the right place. The washer is to use to tighten that screw that holds the weight on.

thank you very much. LOL, i used a dime i had in my pocket to tighten it up with. i know now to put that washer in the camera case for when i dont have a dime. :)

thanks,
steve

Just be careful not to over tighten it!!! It can bend the mounting plate on the bottom of the housing fairly easily!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom