PT-015 problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maractwin,

I would love to get a set from you as well when you get them together.

Thanks,
Patrick

Put me on the list too please.

Put me on the list too when you get them together.

Sorry for the long delay on this. While I didn't manage to find exact replacement O-rings, I have found something that I think works.

There's one tiny O-ring in the mode dial that I could only get the correct size by getting it in a different material. I obtained this O-ring in silicone instead of buna. The difference is that it's less abrasion resistant (shouldn't be a problem in this application), better chemical resistance, is red instead of black, but might be affected by the lubricant.

I've overhauled my housing with this, and it works in a pool test. I'll get it in the ocean in a few weeks. I've been reluctant to suggest that other people use this until I've tested it further. When I think it's ready, I will have about 20 sets for sale. And no guarantees that it won't flood, though I won't knowlying sell something that doesn't do the job either.

-Mark

Mark....are you talking about that teensy bitty one? There's one that works perfectly. In those O-ring kits you can find at any LDS, that smallest o-ring that has an ID of a little less than a pencil lead works just fine. I had to use one in an emergency repair of my mode dial 2 yearsa ago and it's still working just fine.

Just checked my little box of spare O-rings. The smallest one there is similar, but not quite the same size as what's needed. Looks like it has the right cross section, but too large an inside diameter. Maybe it would fit anyway. But I'm not going to find out now, as I won't have another chance to pool check my system before heading to Australia.

I did order samples of several different O-rings that were close but not quite exact, generally off by only a few thousandths of an inch. But none were close enough to use.

-Mark

I wouldn't chance it on a trip to Australia either! I used the little one in an emergency on a dive trip and it's been holding ever since. I figure it ain't broke, I'm not futzing with it! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom