PT-023: first look

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReyeR

Reaction score
Ok, got my hands on a PT-023 for the C8080 today. The housing is huge, mainly because of the port and a very ungainly flash diffuser. The finish quality is as usual, very good. Installing the camera was a breeze with the internal tray/bracket. The most humorous parts of the housing were the gigantic weight (for neutral buoyancy) and the skinny lanyard for hanging the massive housing off your wrist.

Compared to a PT-015:

P6220005.jpg

and a Coke can:

1087913767_P6220019.jpg

If you can't see the images click below:

The back, showing the space with the pop-up flash:

1087913889_P6220013.jpg

The ungainly flash diffuser:

1087914048_P6220012.jpg

If can't see the images click below:

The internal mounting tray / bracket:

1087914137_P6220020.jpg

If you can't see the image click below:

And for those who are wondering, that's just the housing with the standard port (it's not the wide angle port) :D

I have trouble holding my PT-020 in one hand and holding my dive slate in the other and trying to press the manual white balance calibration button at the same time. I can imagine its even tougher or impossible with this beast.

Wow, I just got my PT-015 yesterday and I thought it was kind of bulky (compared to the reefmaster that got shipped just today to the lucky high bidder on ebay). I can't imagine this thing. Hmmm, if Gilligan is getting one then he must need someone to tote it around for him.......

I just like the shot of your raging t-shirt... or whatever that is.

Of course the housing would look much smaller next to a Diet Pepsi can.

Coke - please. :wink:

K

May be 8 megapixels is just too big ???????

I'm glad I have my 5050.

Back
Top Bottom