Puck Wrist - Battery indicator randomly on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkotheimer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
At the end of a dive this weekend, I swear my battery indicator came on. However, sitting here at my desk today, new battery in hand, I turned the computer on to check once more and the indicator was off. I also ran the quick battery test in SYSTEM mode and it reported "OK"

Anyone have a similar story? Should I go ahead and change it?

Also, if and when when I do open it up and change the battery, is there going to be some kind of o-ring that I will want to re-lubricate or anything?

When a computer goes into the water it cools and that drops the battery voltage, this can cause the low battery light to come on. I'd replace the battery.

I had the same thing happen with my Mares Puck recently. The low battery indicator came on during a dive and stayed on anytime I used the computer afterwards. I ordered a new battery. I did two more dives with the computer while I waited for the battery to arrive. (I wear a second computer when I dive, so if the Puck's battery did die, I would not be without a computer.) When the new battery arrived, I opened the computer to change the battery. I removed the original battery and put the original battery back in. (As I sit here now, I cannot remember why I put the original battery back in.) Just like you, no low battery indicator came back on. Going to the battery status screen, the battery level shows OK. I have since done 5 or so 60 minute dives with the original battery and the low battery indicator has yet to return. But, when it does, I will have the new battery waiting.

As for the O-ring, I did not lubricate the O-ring after I opened the back of the computer.

At the end of a dive this weekend, I swear my battery indicator came on. However, sitting here at my desk today, new battery in hand, I turned the computer on to check once more and the indicator was off. I also ran the quick battery test in SYSTEM mode and it reported "OK"

Anyone have a similar story? Should I go ahead and change it?

Also, if and when when I do open it up and change the battery, is there going to be some kind of o-ring that I will want to re-lubricate or anything?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom