Puerto Galera Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove both those sites within the last month and they seemed fine to me, if they were damaged it was very minimal or its repaired itself and they are good dives now!

Anyone have any recommendations for a nice place to stay around US$50. El Galleon is all booked up around Chinese New Year (Feb 7-9) and I want to dive with Asia Divers. They were nice enough to get me a reservation at Carmrob next door. Also, this is my first trip to PG so any and all suggestions would be helpful.

ANy word on Big Apple Dive resort?

@jrlevin: you could try sha che inn. about 150m from asia divers also in small la laguna. decent rooms with a/c, mini kitchen, hot water & cable. around the price range you posted.

hey have no email address but you could try calling Cresing - 639202448680 or 639176410112

CARMROB is the best deal in town! They will treat you well, have a back-up generator, hot water, and location is perfect for that side of the beach. Dive to live, live to dive!!!

Big Apple is a great place to stay-nice rooms, nice pool, 24 hr bar and restaurant, nice and helpful staff. Maybe not the place if you are looking for extremely quiet. It is in the middle of the action.

Thanks for the help.
I just booked everything and will be at PG from Feb 5 to Feb 11. I cannot be more excited.

While we are talking about PG, I got to ask what people's thoughts of the giant fuel storage tanks visible from Sabang and Small La Laguna on the Bataganas side on the strait.

I mean, I'm not going to criticize the Philippine's right to development, but, man, what eyesores.

Anyone else feel that way?

Those oil tanks really bothered me. I used to feel bad for people who booked vacations from abroad, only to arrive at Sabang or Maricaban Island and find no beach and views of New Jersey-style oil tanks.

That said, I still love PG and would love the chance to go back for a month.

NYC-D, I remember you brought this up before and to be honest a few of us had a few laughs as we were sitting at The Point Bar in PG and recalling your comments. We were trying to find the "giant fuel storage tanks" over in Batangas at night... Sure there are a few bright lights off in the distance, but to be honest, you couldn't distinguish whether these were from "giant fuel storage tanks" or some other buildings. Even during the daytime, you had to look hard to make them out.

And FYI, I have spent a number of years living in lower manhattan looking over at those large NJ oil tanks... :D

Back
Top Bottom