Puerto Rico Diving Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THX1138

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I Will Be Traveling To Puerto Rico In March For A Short Stay On The North East Side Of Island. (Hotel Paradisus) Any Suggestions For Dive Spots, And Especially Dive Operators, Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Have Been Informed That Most Of The Good Sites Are On Western And South Western Area, And That It Is About A 2 To 3 Hour Drive Each Way. Again, Any Help Is Appreciated. Thanks John

Hi:

I'm from Puerto Rico. Contact Scuba Centro for info about dive site (east side). They specialize in dive excursion all weekends and always go to the "east side" of Puerto Rico.

www.scubacentro.com

Ricardo Torres
DM Padi :wink:

THX1138:
I Will Be Traveling To Puerto Rico In March For A Short Stay On The North East Side Of Island. (Hotel Paradisus) Any Suggestions For Dive Spots, And Especially Dive Operators, Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Have Been Informed That Most Of The Good Sites Are On Western And South Western Area, And That It Is About A 2 To 3 Hour Drive Each Way. Again, Any Help Is Appreciated. Thanks John

I've never been diving in the San Juan area, but I've not heard good things. My suggestion is to get up early and make the drive. Cross over and see Angel at Parguerra Divers. He runs a great op and the diving out of La Parguerra is top notch.

James

Avoid Scuba Centro at all costs, the crew and personel are good people, but the owner is the most arrogant, stubborn Son of a Gun you may find, I've tried to talk to the guy on 3 ocasions and the conversation lasted less than 5 min, God, I hate arrogant people.

Try Sea Gypsy Charters operates in the Fajardo area (near Paradisus), Tito (Hector) is a really great guy and wil treat you like Royalty, also you can call Rafi at La Casa Del Buzo for dive trips.
Kurt at Puerto Rico Divers Supply in Fajardo (near Paradisus) runs a good operation also

Amaury at Akuasport can book you some dive trips at great prices.

At the Southwest, Paradise Scuba and Parguera Divers are neighbors at La Parguera in Lajas and both will treat you with a very profesional operation.

Avoid Taino Divers in Rincon, I've heard about safety issues and they cancel me once a 4 week in advance reserved 3 day trip alegating bad weather and took out 6 dive trips in those days, they made more money with the 6 trips than the 3 day trip that I reserved, I hate being lied.

PM me if you like and I can dive with you if you want or call any of the sugested above for prices and itinerarys, any excuse is good for going diving, anything to break the routine.

Ricardo:

I'm not trying to offend you or anything, I don't know if you work there or not, as I stated before the crew and personel are good people, even his wife (I talked to her once) is a great person, but Jaime Vives is an arrogant character and thinks he's better than everybody else, as you may know, the general consensus in the island diving comunity is as I stated.

Sorry if you got offended, my apologies to you, but I stand behind my comments about Jaime.

You wellcome.

Glad to help out any incoming divers !!!

Hi! I didn't realize there were so many other divers living in Puerto Rico! How often do you guys dive? My favorite op on the island is Angel down in parguera. I try to get down there about twice a month or so. Anyone interested in doing a Mona trip with me?

Back
Top Bottom