Puerto Rico/Fajardo/July/August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am considering a diving trip to Fajardo in the July/August timeframe. I called the Casa del Mar dive shop in Fajardo to ask about how they do their diving (dive times, etc.). I was fine with what I heard. My only concern was when I asked the staff member about whether they felt they would have enough divers to go out. He said that they need a minimum of six divers and that the resort occupancy has been good but he couldn't make any guarantees. I commend the gentleman for his honesty but I am a little concerned about planning a dive trip to a location if the diving is unlikely to occur. I called Taino in Rincon to see what their situation is and they have the same minimum diver requirement. La Parguera is another great spot but the retail situation is a bit sketchy right now. I know diving is always at risk because of the weather. So, I'd welcome your feedback.

thanks!

jsl

I've dove with casa del mar last week and the boat was stuffed but they had great service, I think this time of the year you won't have any problem with the minimum of 6 people(rule).
Recomended dive sites in PR:

Culebra island (Jiniki dive site is awesome)
Desecheo Island near Rincon (candy land!!!)
The Wall in La Parguera ( more than 30 dive sites...)
Shacks beach (caverns) Isabela
Caja de Muerto Island near Ponce
Crashboat beach & El natural reef in Aguadilla

You can always catch the ferry in Fajardo to either culebra or viecques, and shore dive, not as good but ok.:D

I will be in Peurto Rico the end of October. What is he diving like then. I will be in San Juan so I suspect that I will dive either at Humacao or Fajardo. Any feedback is welcome.

Check the weather constantly...there may be some swells, there may be flat seas... after September just check the oceans conditions. your going to have fun here! the east coast is great for diving as well as the west and southwest.

I am hoping for calm seas for the next week! Arrive Tuesday and diving Wednesday - Sunday if all goes as planned. I am diving out of Palmas del Mar (or Fajardo if conditions are not good).

How is the north coast for diving? Interval is offering us the grand melia which looks nice, but I seem to remember only one side of PR was good for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom