Puerto rico oct. 19. looking for a few dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunch35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Im going to be in P.R. in the middle of october. Unfortunatly im going to be on the east side of the island. Fijardo i think. Anyway I am looking for dive buddies or a dive shop.. I have been to P.R. before but not for a long time. If i remember the west side was the best for diving but anywhere wet is good.

Culebra Island is awesome- if you like tanquility and gorgeous deserted beaches. Culebra Divers are great and very experienced. They go in the water on one each dive and find the sand sharks, crayfish and rays!! One hour ferry from Fajardo or take a breath taking flight.

I'm curious about Puerto Rico too.

What's the diving on Vieques like?

What is the diving on the west side of the island like?

Also, if you have dove Mona Island, what were your impressions?

Thanks

We were in PR this Spring, did two days with Taino and Desecheo Island, and one day with West Divers in La Parguera on the wall. We are already talking about booking back to La Parguera and spending three to four days there, it was that impressive, and West Divers were super.

Having never been to Puerto Rico, it was a really interesting experience. We did two nights in Old San Juan before renting a car and heading out west. Did a one day road trip to Arecibo to see the big dish, and it was so awesome.

Next time we will probably reverse the trip and dive first, and then relax on Old San Juan before flying home.

I am heading to Puerto Rico in late October (sleeping/reading/diving-NOT necessarily in that order).
Any idea of water temperatures?
Skin or 3mil?
Thanks,
Carl

Two follow-ups:

Where did you stay?

Did you find the bay in Parguera polluted? I've been reading some accounts of that. Thanks

We stayed at the Blue Boy Inn, in Rincon. Great place, if you are diving Desecheo, but a little out of the way if you are diving predominantly in La Parguera. When we go back, we will stay in La Parguera, but still researching the options.

I certainly didn't see any pollution in the water, but not familiar enough with it to really have been looking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom