Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Built more than 500 years ago - El Morro also known as San Felipe Citadel

1700140004196.png

The 2dives/day was a promo the resort did but is a bit confusing, we are working on a better promo with the hotel of more dives and nights!
Any 2-tank dives in the mid-morning or afternoon?

Scuba Dogs we are located inside the hotel Copamarina in Guanica, we run the dive operation inside the hotel, two tanks dives every morning from 7:00 am and have accommodations and stay and dive packages. We have been working in the dive industry in Puerto Rico for the last 20 years but, here in copamarina have been since July of 2022.
Nice to see some new options in PR. Two trips ago I was pretty disappointed by every dive shop (about 5) except for PR Dive, including the Scuba Dogs location at La Parquera (spelling?). Nothing really bad about Scuba Dogs, they just kept saying they had no tanks available to rent, the 5+ times I tried over my long 5 week vacation. In the end I think what they meant is "we don't rent tanks because we only have enough or desire to use them for our tours/groups" -- I just don't understand why they wouldn't just say that vs "sorry, we are all out" or whatever variation they gave me on each visit. Having to drive all the way to PR Dive to rent tanks to dive right in front of Scuba Dogs location, and then all the way back to PR Dive to return them, was not ideal... no matter how nice Santos and Cris are to talk with.

At any rate... my most recent trip to PR, I tried a couple of the dive shops that were under new management, and was happy to see the new management was a much improved experience, so now I have at least 3 good options on PR, and looking forward to trying both Scuba Dogs locations again on my next trip. I don't hold grudges and I know that things change over time, especially the last few years with all the unusual "things" going on in our world.

I loved El Morro. The day my wife and I went there there must’ve been 100 people flying kites there. And the views are spectacular.
Here is another picture of the 1/2 century old fort

1701374368338.png

Which dive shop on Puerto Rico has the shortest boat rides? I'm going for a work trip and I'd like to get some diving in the weekend before but I also get sea sick on long and rough boat rides. Also it needs to be on the main island.

Take some Dramamine?

I also get sea sick on long and rough boat rides

It's SI what makes you sick, not the ride. If the actual ride is the culprit, then you potentially have bigger issues with your health.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom