Puerto Vallarta Diving in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mickeyman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be heading down to Puerto Vallarta at the end of November and was wondering what the diving is going to be like??
Which thickness of wet suit should I bring?
Also open for any suggestions of who I might book with for some great dive trips while I'm there.

I will be heading down to Puerto Vallarta at the end of November and was wondering what the diving is going to be like??
Also open for any suggestions of who I might book with for some great dive trips while I'm there.

Hi,

November is usually one of the nicest months for diving in the Puerto Vallarta area. The water is normally still warm (low to mid 80s) and with great viz (50-100 ft). You´ll likely need no more than a 3mm.

You should still check with us before you come, as some years we may get the colder currents sooner than others.

Please check out the Puerto Vallarta dive report for comments on our services. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mexico/217590-puerto-vallarta-dive-report-31.html

regards,

Alex from PVScuba

I've dove PV many times and use a 3mm shorty. I'm pretty cold-resistant.

The only dive operator I've used in PV was Banderas Scuba Republic, and I've been happy enough with them that I don't feel the need to look elsewhere.

I've used a 4/5mm in December and was very comfortable. You'd be fine in 3mm full though.

I've used Pacific Scuba (they are now mostly at Vallarta Undersea) and Banderas Acuba Republic/PVScuba. All great people/operators.

Here are some pics from last December Some PV Diving - a set on Flickr

Have fun. T

Last October I did several dives in Puerto Vallarta, I used a thin bathing suit, it was perfect. Go south to Boca Tamatlan, the shop in Boca is run by Karla, tell her Larry sent you. She's great to get into the water and become comfortable with your equipment and new diving enviornment. Then get online and check out the trips with Chico's dive shop. Try to get on the Chimo trip, advanced fun diving, tell them you want to go out with Nacho. Have fun, I will be in Pv for the month of October, if you push your dates, I will go diving with you.

We spent Thanksgiving week last year diving with PVScuba. My son felt over dressed in a 5mm full. My 3/2 was plenty for me. If I do it again, I would skip the boots and just use foot fins.

I have nothing but good things to say about the PVScuba staff, crew, and boat. They also use steel 100s. Ramses is an awesome instructor / guide. If you go to Chimo, be sure you go to shore and check out the Village.

Thanks everyone I really appreciate all of the great feed back it is really helpful and I am more than ready to dive in water clearer and warmer than Puget Sound.

Thanks everyone I really appreciate all of the great feed back it is really helpful and I am more than ready to dive in water clearer and warmer than Puget Sound.

Warmer anyway, yesterday it was 84 degrees on Marietas Island. Visability 30 feet.

The wife and I are heading to PV this Saturday. We will be taking our AOW with PVScuba. Hopefully the vis improves by then. Oh well, anything will be better than the 2' visibility we dove in this past weekend!:yuck:

Back
Top Bottom