Pulau Aur Accident?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah....i find it weird too...too much water in lungs???... it seems in this paper, clearly written is not the instructor fault. but don't oh..i don;t know what do write...my condolence......

Training dive #2.

moderate current.

There are plenty of well sheltered spots around Aur. Training dive #2 is the first skills dive. #1 is a just an orientation dive. Why would you even consider taking a group in this current at this stage even if it was calm at the bottom.

Also - was there really adequate supervision ? ie. no experienced diver to watch the tail-end divers in adverse conditions.

Also have a question about numbers 1 instructor and 5 students ? or was it 1 instr 4 students and 1 qualified diver (not a DM?) ??

Surface currents around Aur can get strong - certainly too strong for the uninitiated.
Were there extra added precautions especially needed in the Open Water course when not all students are sure this is for them ?

I think it is important as an instructor to identify fear in the students and to give them special attention until they are comfortable. Who knows what they will do when they start panicing. My condolences to the family..

we find this very very terrifying....we were supposed to be diving on the 1st may in perhentian but something came up..we move them to 15th may instead...!!!!!! ARGH....gives me goose bumps Just thinking of this !!! arghh...

aaronkok:
No idea, but i do know that we lost a 3 divers in Perhentian/Redang during the May 1st weekend holidays. 1 due to lung over expansion, 1 went missing and another causes unknown.

:(

HI Aaronkok

Do you have any more details of the incidents that you mentioned happened on 1st May

Cheers

Sorry, no details, heard it 2nd hand from a regular.

That's all the details i gotten from there.

Back
Top Bottom