Pumpkin Carving Dive & Dance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksk2004

Reaction score
Just want to let everyone is invited to the Dive and Dance, Tickets are first come first serve..... We would like to have a rough Idea of the number of Divers by Sept 30th, so If you are interested, please let us know.....

Event: 2004 Under Water Pumpkin Carv'n Dive

Where: Otter Bay (Okanagan Lake @ Ellison Park, Vernon, B.C. Canada)

When: Oct 30, 2004 Dive 10:00am, Dance @ 8:00pm

Description: take pumpkin down to about 30ft and carve it. sounds simple enough. people will be working in teams of 2, each team has to do 2 pumpkins within the time (45 min)
judges will award prizes for pumpkins.

this event is sponsored by Innerspace Waterspots (Local Dive Shop in Vernon) and Okanagan Dive Club. There are going to be some great prizes to be won.

Lunch will also be provided (hotdog and chilli) as well as hot chocolate. additional hotdogs and chilli will be available for $1.50ea) other refreshments will also be available (pop and water)

Cost for Dive is $10.00 / Diver (Includes Lunch)
Cost of Dance/Social $15.00 per person

Note: the dance is a costume dance, should be a lot of fun. The Dance is being held at the Vernon Yacht Club. Tickets available at Innerspace Dive or from Okanagan Dive club members.

For more/updated info, check out the Dive Clubs site
http://okdiveclub.proboards33.com

thanks
Ken
:pumpkin: :snorkels: :heks:

][Just want to let everyone is invited to the Dive and Dance, Tickets are first come first serve..... We would like to have a rough Idea of the number of Divers by Sept 30th, so If you are interested, please let us know.....]

[Event: 2004 Under Water Pumpkin Carv'n Dive

Ok I will do my best to gather people (dive club)to yours if you come to ours :D

Cheers
Derek

Hey Derek
sounds good, Im working on trying to get more members to get involved in the club here, If we know of events from other clubs, then we can see if we can get a group together. Road trips are always good and Diving there would be awsome.

later
Ken

[
Road trips are always good and Diving there would be awsome.]

Road trips are the best.

The diving here is excellent. We are allways doing things around here. We have many different sites that offer everything from a plane to dogfish. The club would love to do dives with other clubs even in lakes :D

Hey I love diving lakes. For real. I have dove all over Sask, Man, Alta,Yukon. So I do like it history everywhere.

People forget that lakes freeze and that is how they ( peoples of the past) would get rid of a lot of stuff put it on the ice come spring gone.

I will start asking around I know a couple of guys that know all be all that have never dove a lake so I will ask them first.

Talk with you soon
Cheers
Derek

PS: too many fish around here to have a pumpkin carving contest. You have to keep pushing them out of the way :D

Sounds Great,
The Pumpkin Dive is well attended, (Last year we had about 80 divers from all over) and we put the invitation out to all Divers. Last year we had people from Kamloops and Salmon Arm attend (that Im aware of). I know I am really lookinf forward to the Dive (Being a fairly new diver, its always fun just to get in the water) From what I have seen that is being prepared for the Dance, ITs also going to be a lot of fun and a great way to get everyone together.

Im really looking forward to getting to the coast and Island for some diving, Hopefully in the near future.

cya
Ken

Finally, a reason to use that expensive new dive knife! :)

That sounds like a lot of fun. I hope there will be someone taking pictures of the event; I would like to see how it turns out.

Hey Derek
just checked out your post about the Emerald Sea Dive Comp. It sounds like it would be good, I will talk to a few guys in the club and see if we can arrange it.

Cya
Ken

Hey Sean
I believe that a few guys are going to be talking pictures (above and Below) I will post some whe nI get them

cya
Ken

[ksk2004 Hey Derek
just checked out your post about the Emerald Sea Dive Comp. It sounds like it would be good, I will talk to a few guys in the club and see if we can arrange it.

Cya
Ken]

Thanks

We are still going to try and come out that way. It all depends on how a couple of other adventures turn out. But it is looking good.
Cheers
Derek

Just talked to the LDS, looks like there is quite a range of prizes to be won, (Dive computer, Camera, SCUBA goodie baskets, Jetted Tub, shirts and a whole bunch more.....) Anyways, hope everyone can make it, The tickets are selling fast for the Dance.... Cya there
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom