Purchased steel 100's, new weighting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDiverJim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased a nice set of used steel 100's a few weeks ago. I'm heading down to Dutch Springs on Saturday. Purely as a rough starting point how much weight should I remove from my base weight to test buoyancy. Its a slight walk to the platforms so I'm just trying to give myself a starting point. Will be diving with a single tank at HP.

OK stop asking me all the questions I should have stated in my thread :). I was at 22 lbs and I will be diving with a full 7 mil.

How big are you as well?

I'm 6'4" @ 217lbs and with a full 7mm, I dive 18lbs with HP100's

I purchased a nice set of used steel 100's a few weeks ago. I'm heading down to Dutch Springs on Saturday. Purely as a rough starting point how much weight should I remove from my base weight to test buoyancy. Its a slight walk to the platforms so I'm just trying to give myself a starting point. Will be diving with a single tank at HP.

Compare what you were using to your new stuff and do the (simple) math. Maybe this link will help for your matrix. Scuba Diving - New Jersey & Long Island New York - dive Wreck Valley - Gear & Training - Scuba Tanks & Mounting Hardware
Do I need to say that some of the steel gained weight will be slightly higher up on your torso? OK, the steel tanks' extra weight will distributed slightly higher on your torso when standing upright, like a man. When diving, and probably horizontal, at DS the added tank weight will be higher above your CoG. PADI probably has a course for "Changed CoG Diver."

Back
Top Bottom