Purple Water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kedaffie is a plug-in. You install it and it becomes an option in your filters menu. Then load an image and select it, it's an all or nothing sort of thing. If you want it, PM with an e-mail address. Except for it, everything else I used is part of every version of Photoshop.

All the Hue/Saturation stuff was done in that control. At the top you'll see a Master level dropdown, clicking on it allows you to apply the changes only in the specific color channel as desired. I didn't write down any values but a small change is pretty obvious.

Unsharp mask is the last choice on the sharpness menu. I use it instead of sharpen quite often as there seems to be more control with it.

An easy fix for your first image. Go into Hue/Saturation, leave it on Master Channel and push the Hue control to the left to about 35-45 to make the water blue. That's all I did - a little sharpening might've helped also...

Squid_11_2.jpg

Last edited:
wow that was a sweet fix sjspeck. Can you use it in PS Elements? Or Lightroom?

Here's another shot at it. Used levels to reduce the red and increase the blue. Isolated the squid with magnetic lasso and used unsharp mask. Used despeckle twice in the Filters>Noise menu to get rid of the noise.(that's why your watermark is blurred out), then adjusted the level again with the squid included.

Squid_11pssm.jpg

@ScubaSteve001: I found a very nice PDF tutorial posted on DigitalDiver.net. Here's the linky: http://www.digitaldiver.net/lib_docs/color_cast.pdf
It's a step-by-step Photoshop solution for isolating an UW subject from the background and imparting a nice, blue color tone on the water background. Your squid would look fabulous if you have the time/patience to create a layer mask and manually tweak levels adjustment.
Sorry for the late post...

Thanks for that Bubble. It seems pretty in depth and very useful. With everything posted here, I have some stuff to try out.

Thanks to everybody else as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom