Suggestion Q about "banned" words

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Warthaug

Warthaug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a quick question about banned words here on SCUBAbaord - how exactly does a word get put on "the list". I understand putting profanity and whatnot on the list, but have been surprised by a few of the words which get starred out - certain 1940's-era German political movements for example.

Just curious...

Bryan

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask my actual question, is there a way to recommend words be removed from "the list"?

Last edited:
The "s" word was my fav but no matter how careful I was around my 18 month old...guess who knows the "s" word.

The idea is that, ideally, you don't feel the need to use the words we've ******. :)

El - Ideally, I'd like to live in the perfect world :D but sadly we don't. :depressed:

Well, I know people who can curse someone so eloquently that they even get thanked by the very members they're flaming.

Who needs banned words? :rofl3:

Well, I know people who can curse someone so eloquently that they even get thanked by the very members they're flaming.

Who needs banned words? :rofl3:

Yeah, I'm crass cause I'm not as eloquent as those people. :wink:

I think ScubaBaord should substitute phrases for censored words rather than put *'s....."****head" could be "Fecal Cranium"....just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom