Qualifications to participate in this forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add js1scuba to the list. He doesn't post too often on SB, but I think he might take a more active role back here.

jeandiver, maybe suprbugman, netmage, tecterri?

I realize it's asking a lot. Cave divers in particular tend to have strong egos, but most also have a lot more maturity than they demonstrate here on the board - if they did not, a lot mnore of them woudl be dying a lot sooner.

The implication is that the problematic posts are done by choice . Consequently, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a bit of the restaint they generally should be using in polite company to be used here.

An approach of creating a community standard along those lines, with the potential benefits Jim Wyatt describes, will be much more effective that just posting the same old excuse that this group is not known for subtley and in effect opening the pool for the same old "business as usual" behaviors.

There are many people here who have excellent knowledge, but their presentation has historically been so poor, antagonistic or outright offensive that they lose a large percentage of their potentrial audience and/or their contributions gets lost in the arguments and that is unfortunate.

lol
no way

Another addition to the list would be Peter Guy.

jeandiver, maybe suprbugman, netmage, tecterri?

Does Peter have Tech certs? I admit I haven't followed his posts closely, but most of it seemed to be progression to OWSI.

bugman, netmage are on the list. I'm pretty certain that tecterri is tazdivers username on other boards, and she's also on the list.

I'll add Jean and Joel. I also thought about adding AUE-Mike. Dunno if JoeyP and Benthic have a user name on this board, but they'd make another good addition.

Does Peter have Tech certs? I admit I haven't followed his posts closely, but most of it seemed to be progression to OWSI.

Yes, Full Cave from TDI I believe. His deco instructor is both TDI and NAUI-tech. He's got some ~160ft low helium (21/35?) type deco cert.

These people all claimed tech training post-fundies (cave1/tech1 or a different agency) in their app for DPF:

abskw
Adobo
aquaoren
Bismark
Blitz
Bob Sherwood
boomx5
CameronMartz
Cave Diver
cbsaw
cerich
cfenton
chickdiver
Clare Gledhill
cmalinowski
Dan Gibson
DanLVolker
David Watson
DeepSeaExplorer
deepstops
diverdave2
DIVER2550
DocWong
dsteding
edparris
GUEdiver
FLDVR
FUE
Hassan Adly
HaTeD
iowasnowboarder
jdh
jjones9527
johnkendall
kgault
KMD
krcollins
limeyx
lycokayaker
melfox26
mer
milkathecow
MonkSeal
nadwidny
Niels Doorduijn
NWGratefulDiver
onfloat
PfcAJ
rainman_02
redbeard
rjack321
rlc5925
roakey
Scuba and Dream
SCUBA_Phil
ScubaMilo
smoritz0370
Soggy
Splash_Diver
Tanked Monkey
tanserko
toodles
travelingslacker
TSandM
vbcoachchris
Vie
wb416
WJL
5thD-X
ScubaDocER

Here is the current list with all the new updates:
Ae3753
Alwaingold
AndyNZ
AUE-Mike
AZTEK DIVER
BabyDuck
Blackwood
BoomX5
Capt Jim Wyatt
captndale
Cave Diver
cerich
cfenton
chickdiver
cmufieldhockey8
cmalinowski
Curt Bowen
DA Aquamaster
deepstops
denisegg
desparoz
djcheburashka
Dive-aholic
Diver2550
Divejunkie1
Doc Intrepid
Doc Wong
Docc
Doppler
Fldvr
GDI
Ghost.Diver
gkndivebum
Gshockey
gxsr_sarge
ianr33
JahJahwarrior
jdh
Jeandiver
JeffG
Johnkendall
Js1Scuba
jtivat
karstdvr
Kenny P.
Kevin Carlisle
Kgault
KMD
lamont
Limeyx
LiteHedded
Liuk3
marchand
MegaMikey
Meng_Tze
nadwidny
netmage
NWGratefulDiver
oxyhacker
Peter Guy
PfcAJ
ppo2_diver
Rainer
Rhlee
Rick Inman
Rick Murchison
rigdiver
rjack321
RJP
rossh
Diver0001
rox@ucf11
RTodd
ScubaDocER
ScubaInChicago
smoritz0370
Soggy
streetdoctor
SuPrBuGmAn
syntaxerrorsix
Tanked Monkey
tasdiver
Tech Test
TraceMalin
TS&M
ucfdiver
vie
wb416
wedivebc
Wookie

Last edited:
These people all claimed tech training post-fundies (cave1/tech1 or a different agency) in their app for DPF:

Great. I'll go through in a bit and send out a mass PM from that list. Thanks Lamont!

Edit - PM sent to 57 additional users. Apologies if I duplicated anyone already here. List will be updated as they request opt in privileges

Jeff Marchand (marchand) is Full Cave
Stacey (PA/NJdiver) is C2/T1/DPV
Chad (contender) is Full Cave/ Breather / DPV

Cave Diver:
Invitations have been sent to the above users

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest plus is that since this is just a small part of greater forum, we can control the general populace from posting.

Out of curiosity, can you make it viewable to non-members and simply restrict posting (e.g. the DIR Practitioner Forum)?

Seems to me that some stuff may be of value to everyone, and that by hiding it from the general population we're going to see a tangible degradation of the open forum.

OTOH, if everyone can read but only certain people can post, the quality of discussion (here) will hopefully/likely improve, and pertinent questions in the open forum could simply be directed here via hyperlink (which could accomplish your "Tech References" goal).

Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom