quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STOGEY

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A few years ago I took a couple of pictures of sea life looking with a ordinary digital camera. The location of myself and the camera was with the camera pointed into the water. These pictures came out quite well. So why shouldn't I be able to get the same type of quality picture with the same camera in the water, with a good housing?

I am not sure exactly what you are asking? Has somebody told you that you will not get good quality shots underwater?

Probably the biggest factor you have to overcome (IMHO) underwater is the loss of colour and any particulate in the water. If you invest in a good camera, housing and strobe set-up and practice a lot, I think you will be amazed at the shots you can get. There are many combinations of ways to get around the colour issue including strobes and filters. You will have to research equipment and ask a lot of questions, but you can definitely get the "one-in-a-million". Just take a look at some of the shots posted on here. Many are amazing however it takes a lot of practice and some equipment. You can make it resonably costed or very expensive depending on needs and desires.

A good thing to do is look at Ikelite and some of the other housing & equipment mfrs to see what is available for your camera and then ask specific questions for that camera on here. Everybody is very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom