question about apeks parts for life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c5diver

Contributor
Reaction score
i see the apex parts for life program says they need a yearly inspection an overhaul every other year.

it also states the inspection must be done by an auth apex dealer, is that a dealer worldwide? i know the overhaul must be done in us or canada.

That's fine as long as it is inspected by by an authorized Apeks dealer and you get it documented in the Technician's Log found on the CD. Just keep your receipt to be safe.
You are also correct that the Free Parts for Life Agreement is unique to the USA and Canada so you'll want to get you overhaul services performed in one of those countries.

kind of what i figured. what is involved in the inspection?

Tom, how come this is an US/Canada agreement only? Why can't i for instance that live in Sweden be a part of the "program"?

Because the same regs cost almost twice as little in Europe :D So North America pays for the "Free parts" in advance :)

Tom, how come this is an US/Canada agreement only? Why can't i for instance that live in Sweden be a part of the "program"?

Because the same regs cost almost twice as little in Europe :D So North America pays for the "Free parts" in advance :)

It's a funny thing since i do a lot of "window shopping" on the net and i got the impression that it was the other way around, everything is cheaper in the states. I can't speak for Canada though.

kind of what i figured. what is involved in the inspection?

Directly off the sheet:
Pressurized immersion test (leak test) pass/fail
Medium pressure test (IP, check for creep) pass/fail
Opening effort (in-h2O inhalation) pass/fail
Smooth operation of knob & venturi switch/lever pass/fail
Inspect filter pass/fail
Inspect 2nd stage exhaust valve pass/fail
Inspect mouthpiece pass/fail
Hose inspection pass/fail

It takes me about 15 minutes to do an inspection, less or more depending how (un)cooperative the regulator is...namely those damn hose protectors.

The Free Parts for Life Agreement is not put forth by Apeks as the manufacturer. The FPFL is instead paid for wholly by the distributor, in this case Aqua Lung America and Aqua Lung Canada. These two distributors feel that it is a worthwhile benefit to promote Apeks regulators. Countries outside of No. America are not familiar with the program.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom