Question about ascent incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leejnd:
Yep, as painful as it is to admit it, that pretty much explains what I did. So...how should I hold it when I'm purging?

-- LeeAnne

Beloved Dear Friend:

I am going to show you how to purge ONLY from your rear dump valve, and inflate from your inflator valve.

Hmmm, could I patent that, or is it common knowledge?:confused:

Hope you are feeling better,

Tevis:D

Hey there my bestest buddy! :) Did you dive at Vets today? I'm cursing this head cold for keeping me from it. I'm definitely way better, but my sinuses are still congested and I'm blowing my nose a lot. Which means tomorrow's out too. :(

Will you be at Vets Wed night? That'll be my next shot at diving. And I think purging from one spot and inflating from another sounds like a wise way to do it -- at least I won't get them mixed up again!

-- LeeAnne

Sounds like Archangel has you covered. Preferred means of purging, for me at least, is from the lower dump/opv valve. There are times however when I need to purge from the inflator.
When I do, it is palm out (when inflator is raised) with index finger.
When I inflate, I do not lift inflator. I wrap my hand around it, palm in, and squeeze with my palm or fingers, depending on whether the inflate button faces left or right.
Building muscle memory.
If you have an integrated octo/inflator it would be a lot easier to mess up, as every manufacturer pretty much has it's own configuration.
My SS1 has the 2 buttons one above the other on the same face of the unit. When I use that I still purge palm out, inflate palm in.
Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom